What's new

My first beach hunt

scarlett

Jr. Member
Joined
May 28, 2013
Messages
44
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Missouri - ~The Show Me State~
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As some of you know, I'm new to metal detecting. We went to Florida recently and I decided to take my detector. Let me tell you - there are alot of people going home without their tent/umbrella stakes! LOL The stakes and a bottle cap were the only things I found!! Nonetheless, we had a great time trying!
 
Upvote 0
As some of you know, I'm new to metal detecting. We went to Florida recently and I decided to take my detector. Let me tell you - there are alot of people going home without their tent/umbrella stakes! LOL The stakes and a bottle cap were the only things I found!! Nonetheless, we had a great time trying!

That is what it is about. The fun of it and not any "profit."

608721935808045.webp
 
It's all good as long as you're havin' fun....gl and hh!!!
 
That is what it is about. The fun of it and not any "profit."

Exactly, I do not expect to find anything that will pay for all my gear, but if I do thats a bonus.

btw, photo of group water hunt?
 
I hear you. I was visiting family in Jacksonville last weekend. I broke in my White's Coinmaster GT down there. I and the kids and nephew (using my Bounty Hunters) found an assortment of things ranging from earrings, bottle caps, pull tabs, fishing weight, all types of foil, clad (quarters, pennies, dimes, and nickels), umbrella spikes, beer cans buried deep, soda cans, no luck with rings, chains, or bracelets my last two trips to Jacksonville Beach this summer. I did find a 90s Matchbox Jet Ski. It made my day, since I love Matchbox and Hot Wheel toys. I maybe should have hit the spot I hunted on July 4th weekend, instead of the fishing peer aka beer area. Better crowd up that way (hotel crowd), and less beer drinkers (boardwalk crowd and less cans and pull tabs). There were nice rings being found in July when I was in the water with the family.

I wish you the best of luck and HH.
 
Last edited:
I had a few days like that and still loved it! The cherry on top is if you keep digging there is a treasure to be found! And treasure is a relative thing. Keep diggin man! So much fun!
 
I'm definitely not in this for the riches. We were only there for a week but we had a blast.
 
I never got into this thinking this was some get rich quick thing. I love history always have and when I found my first colonial button which was a French floret soldiers button I was flipping. Within a few steps I found a civil war eagle button. All I could do was think of who, how,when and why. If I happen to find some new gold or clad well its used to pay for my gear. Where else can you be a bit of a kid again and explore, dig in dirt and then hold history in your hand?

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain
 
I never got into this thinking this was some get rich quick thing. I love history always have and when I found my first colonial button which was a French floret soldiers button I was flipping. Within a few steps I found a civil war eagle button. All I could do was think of who, how,when and why. If I happen to find some new gold or clad well its used to pay for my gear. Where else can you be a bit of a kid again and explore, dig in dirt and then hold history in your hand?

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

Nice......that sounds about right. On that note I'm on my way out with my son for the day!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom