My first big-ish silver

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After work today I went back over to a coworkers house that was built in 1951. Not too long after I got there I got a really good signal but it pinpointed kind of large so I really wasn't expecting to see silver. Turned out to be a 62 Franklin Half. This is my first half dollar of any type.

Yes, I nicked it. Grrr. (Just above the L in Liberty.) I really need to be more careful. One of these days there might be a valuable coin in the hole. I thought I cut an ample plug but I guess not. :sadsmiley: I struggle sometimes pinpointing with the Deus.

I also found 3 wheats (not pictured.)

Thanks for looking. GL & HH

Upvote 18

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HiHo Big Silverrrr ! Still looking for my first Franklin here :BangHead: Congrats ! :occasion14:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh Bill... It seems like just yesterday that you were a budding young detectorist, and look at you now.... a full fledged member of the BIG SILVER CLUB!

Excellent find and a hardy congratulation!

OP
OP
BladeRunner2019

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh Bill... It seems like just yesterday that you were a budding young detectorist, and look at you now.... a full fledged member of the BIG SILVER CLUB!

Excellent find and a hardy congratulation!

I'm just trying to keep up with you Charlotte boys! Of course now that you have all that extra Deus training I'm going to be fighting an uphill battle. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread