Attachments

• 20231129_175600.jpg
    20231129_175600.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 205
  • 20231129_175623.jpg
    20231129_175623.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 180
Upvote 50
On the way back to my car on the last trip of the year. My first big silver half. Completes my Barber trilogy .10,.25,.50. Wish I could detect all year. This site and the posts from all the lucky year round detectorists will help winter pass. Come on thawed ground. Happy hunting all.
Great looking silver, and a great way of ending the year off.

That’s a slick beauty!
when I first started detecting, my dumbass sis in law buried 4 Barber Halves in my yard as a Xmas gift. Problem was, she pushed a ruler deep into the ground, and used that to push them deep…. On their sides. As a rookie with a cheap machine, with a trashy yard, it took me a month to unearth the coins. The kicker? THEY WERE MY COINS TO BEGIN WITH!!
She did it so I could “enjoy my new hobby”
:BangHead:

On the way back to my car on the last trip of the year. My first big silver half. Completes my Barber trilogy .10,.25,.50. Wish I could detect all year. This site and the posts from all the lucky year round detectorists will help winter pass. Come on thawed ground. Happy hunting all.
Nice find! An 1896-S Barber Half is a better date. Even in the condition your is in, it's still a $70 - $125 coin (AG2 - G4) according to PCGS.

Not a bad way to end the season.

Scott

Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Wow! Great way to end a season. Congrats

Congratulations! The big silvers are always welcome finds! Thanks for posting.

Gotta echo similar sentiments- how many of us have had the "On the way back to the car" moments- probably almost every one of us. That is a great way to end the season and get excited for the next one! It's certainly a low-mintage, better date coin. Big time Congrats!!

Now that's a beauty. Great score!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back