Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're getting rid of some of the grass at this 1940s apartment complex to xeriscape it, so I got in there and got the coins out of the way for them! :laughing7:
They said they'll be doing more areas soon, so keep my eyes open. Oh yeah, I'll be going by there every day!
29Nov2023 #1.jpeg

The '64 qtr and '57 dime had some crazy corrosion. Not sure what would cause that.
Still happy to get them though!

Attachments

• 29Nov2023 #2.jpeg
    29Nov2023 #2.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
Upvote 40
They're getting rid of some of the grass at this 1940s apartment complex to xeriscape it, so I got in there and got the coins out of the way for them! :laughing7:
They said they'll be doing more areas soon, so keep my eyes open. Oh yeah, I'll be going by there every day!
View attachment 2117875

The '64 qtr and '57 dime had some crazy corrosion. Not sure what would cause that.
Very nice. Congrats on the silver. Always a good day.

Wow
Very nice Congratulations
Years ago I seen the same.
Where the town was removing the grass layer.
Went home and brought the detector back and got some nice silver
Thanks for sharing

I posted on the chat that the layer of crap was going to be striped off leaving the goodies for you.
Congrats on your recoveries today, a real nice amount of silvers and coppers.

View attachment 2117875

Very Nice!!!! Congrats!!!

I posted on the chat that the layer of crap was going to be striped off leaving the goodies for you.
Congrats on your recoveries today, a real nice amount of silvers and coppers.
You were right about that Pepper, not a single bottle cap or pull tab and only 6-8 clad coins in there.

The sterling forget me not is part of a bracelet that had many of the same sized pieces. I found one many years ago and found most of the bracelet and put a little time into putting it back together. If I was home I'd grab a pic and share.

That's a nice haul from one spot. Congratulations and thanks for sharing and may there be a bunch more goodies next time they strip up the sod.

My guess on the super corroded is they were in an area that held moister better than other areas.

Last edited:
Quite the score- Congrats for that awesome haul!

Great coin finds. Nice wheaties and old silver... way to go! thanks for sharing.

The sterling forget me not is part of a bracelet that had many of the same sized pieces. I found one many years ago and found most of the bracelet and put a little time into putting it back together. If I was home I'd grab a pic and share.

That's a nice haul from one spot. Congratulations and thanks for sharing and may there be a bunch more goodies next time they strip up the sod.

My guess on the super corroded is they were in an area that held moister better than other areas.
Thanks XR, I'd like to see that bracelet.

Better late than never!
When I put it back together I was working from the back and got all the "forget me not" right side up, however, I should have looked at the front as some were inscribed upside down with the names.
Also, there are several for sale on Ebay.

Attachments

• bracelet 1.jpg
    bracelet 1.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 13
  • bracelet 2.jpg
    bracelet 2.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 13
Better late than never!
When I put it back together I was working from the back and got all the "forget me not" right side up, however, I should have looked at the front as some were inscribed upside down with the names.
Also, there are several for sale on Ebay.
Very cool, thanks for taking the time to show me that!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back