What's new

My first campaign button. 1860

Alset

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2017
Messages
30
Reaction score
81
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Field find last week at an early 1800s site. Was excited once i realized it wasnt a washer.
 

Attachments

  • 20171216_184032.webp
    20171216_184032.webp
    293 KB · Views: 201
  • 20171216_184006.webp
    20171216_184006.webp
    378.5 KB · Views: 181
Upvote 24
Congrats on the find. These are scarce to dig or find now a days. It is probably worth $100. Happy hunting and congratulations! Marry Christmas
 
Thanks and merry christmas to you as well. Was found in east central indiana. Forgot to mention that part
 
That’s a sweet little find. Congrats. I’ve not seen one like that before.

Well done sir.

Edit: I see that originally it had a tintype picture, ferrotype, of old Abe in the center. I couldn’t figure out exactly what was going on. Here is a pic of a complete example. That’s a really nice find.

30A32E1D-F00D-44AD-AE65-59621E0773F3.webp
 
Last edited:
Thanks and merry christmas to you as well. Was found in east central indiana. Forgot to mention that part

That's funny, I found one maybe 3or4 yrs ago AND I'm from EC Indiana also!!!! Small World..... CONGRATZ.....
 
Awesome find Alset
 
congratulations, sweet find for sure. I found one from the same year back in may in the northern part of the state. only mine is from Lincolns' opponent, which was Stephen douglas
 
Nice! Guess thats gonna have to be my next one to complete that years set. But teres few dif styles so the complete set i guess would take a while
 
Congrats on an outstanding find.
Lincoln and Hamlin won the election. Then for his second term, Lincoln ran again with Andrew Johnson as his vice president. Johnson became president when Lincoln was assassinated.
 
Very Nice find on the Campaign button. I would have been over the top on that find too.
 
That is a cool piece of American & political history. :icon_thumright:
 
Congratualtions on the nice button! :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom