My FIRST Chuck E Cheese token! Oh yeah and BIG silver!!!

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Well it rained all day Thursday and Friday here. No a light rain either a nice heavy soaking rain for almost the whole time both days. So Baldingboy and I had made plans to sneak on Saturday night and detect after my wife got home from work. Yesterday at 11:30 my sister called and said she was going to see my mom and wanted my two youngest kids to go with her, and I NEVER get a Saturday off from the kids so I agreed.

I took my 16 y/o out and we test drove a few cars for something to do and because I really want a new car. Then we talked about going to a movie so we went home and I was looking at the movies when he came in and told me that he was going to his mom's. So I started thinking. It's 4:30 on a Saturday afternoon the ground is good and moist, no kids, no wife, detecting without any remorse. Can life get any better????

I threw on my detecting clothes and headed out. Called BB on the way but he was busy getting his back waxed??? :tongue3: Actually he was at a B-Day party. So I told him where I was going to be and I headed out. IT was HOT and HUMID!! But man what a rush!

I started out not really finding much and then hit two keys, parts of a coffee pot, and a rose tag. Then I was about to quit and take a break when BB showed up. We started digging and I hit the two tootsie toy cars then the BIG ONE!!! :oWhat was funny was not 15 minutes before I found the big ol Chrysler Tootsie I had just told the neighbor about the one I found early in the spring and that I had to give it up and you just don't find those very often. I believe i told them it was a "once in a lifetime" type find. Oh well was I wrong!

Now the car is in BAD shape and NO I did not do that with my digger because it was in the middle of a big chunk of mud that was intact when I pulled it out of the ground. But still it is neat. The other says A RUN BOUT and the other says MONZA but I cannot find out if they were made by Tootsie or not.

I then found the little M item that looks like it might have either been a necklace or maybe to a keychain.

Well one wheat penny later and about two hours I told BB it was time to move to another site and man am I glad I did! :thumbsup:

Things weren't going too good at the new place when I came across my first Chuck E Cheese token!!! (yay Nick!) I then found what I thought was a bell but turned out to be part of a candle stick holder. I got a call from the wife and she went on for about 5 minutes about how I should be at home waiting for her instead of out detecting. At the time I just blew her off but after thinking about it maybe I should have..............nah.

I told BB I was going around back of the house and headed that way. Got part of an Avon lipstick tube and then a wheat penny, then the switch. I turned the switch several times but nothing seems to happen. :icon_scratch: :tard:

I as giving up and getting ready to go and reached down to turn off the Beast when it purred that sweet sound I haven't heard since two hunts ago and I thought "yeah baby a merc!" Turns out it wasn't meant to be. I flipped the plug over and fell backwards onto my overly large backside!!! There in the side of the plug was a BIG piece of silver!! :o The biggest I have ever seen in one of my holes!!! I resisted the urge to grab it and ran around to the front of the house. BB thought I was trying the scare thing again at first but I told him "Come on BB you HAVE to see this." Then I did a complete back flip!!! I didn't know I had it in me!!!

We walked back and I showed the coin to BB in the hole and then I pulled it out. I saw a really worn but definite Eagle on the back!!! I knew I had hit old silver!!!! :thumbsup: :o

I flipped it over and sure enough a WALKING LIBERTY HALF!!! :o I was so excited!

AS you can see it is VERY worn and NO date is on it. The nick on the side was there before I got to the coin. I have finally hit the older silver and a big one at that!!!
Thanks for looking and sorry this is sooo long.

Attachments

• stuff.JPG
    stuff.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 985
  • keys.JPG
    keys.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,035
  • keeps.JPG
    keeps.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 970
  • cs.JPG
    cs.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 967
  • coin.JPG
    coin.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 973
  • cct.JPG
    cct.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 996
  • carfront.JPG
    carfront.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 980
  • bcin.JPG
    bcin.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 970
  • back.JPG
    back.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 984
  • chrysler.JPG
    chrysler.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 982
  • tootbigin.JPG
    tootbigin.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,000
  • tootsiebig.JPG
    tootsiebig.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,000
Upvote 0

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know your a very good friend of mine so I can tell you this. Take up fishing so I can have more to find. :D :tongue3: :thumbsup:

OK OK Congrats on the finds and the post was good to. Now let BB out of the truck so he can search to. :)

Burdie

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. "Razzle-Dazzle" is in the house!
GREAT hunt Larry!!. . . even without that half, you found a lot of cool stuff :thumbsup:

Great hunt!
watercolor

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
No it isn't I had two and a half hours longer to hunt than you did.

And you found a tootsie toy and that cool piece of jewelry.

Your big silver is coming, oh wait seems to me you already found yours and it was in WAY better shape than mine...

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
When I put date area in microsoft paint and invert the colors, it Clearly shows 23 as the last two numbers. I do this with alot of posted coins that have hard to read dates. Try it, you'll see!.........Not GE

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Nice fines. Congrats on the half dollar. I have never found a chucky cheese token.
Dman

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that's quite a hunt! Nice job :thumbsup:

Nat

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
To be honest I really thought I saw a 2 on it but after you sit and stare at something for two hours straight you start seeing little flying elephants too! ::) :wink: ;D

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
In the picture provided, there is too much "flash" glare to see date area, and that is why I use "paint" to help read details instead of asking for another pic, minus the glare. I will see if I can get screen shot then do the " invert of colors " and repost a pic of what I see.

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
I didn't use a flash on these pictures. Must of been the way the light was hitting it.

Thanks for your help.

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Try this......

Attachments

• index[1].jpg
    index[1].jpg
    51 KB · Views: 357

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Was harder to do than I thought ;D. But, Like Nick says "perseverence pays off!"

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Yep I see where the 2 and the three are. That's what I thought just needed someone else to say they saw it too.

thanks.

I think that is pretty cool and I love this coin even though it looks like crap!!!

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You are very welcome! :thumbsup: I have done this with some of my indian nickels with barely readable dates, and it works quite well. Just like I said, all you have to do is play with paint...... Not GE

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
WTG ME!!!!! ;D

You are now officially ahead of the old Timberwolf.....I have not found a silver half, a silver dollar or a gold coin yet! :(

Keep up the good work ;D ;D ;D

TW

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Thanks Mirage

There it is Nick, starting to think you were falling down on the job.

Are CC tokens to you what Zipper Pulls are to me???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread