What's new

My first Civil War bullet.

Gregg3131

Hero Member
Joined
May 24, 2015
Messages
706
Reaction score
3,750
Golden Thread
4
Location
Va
🥇 Banner finds
4
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Limited Edition
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fairly new to relic hunting and found my first Civil War Bullet . Nice 3 Ring. Found about 8 inches down in Varina,Va Private battlefield land(Battle of Deep Bottom) Hopefully more treasures await.
 

Attachments

  • 20150527_224705-1.webp
    20150527_224705-1.webp
    96.1 KB · Views: 140
  • 20150527_224627-1.webp
    20150527_224627-1.webp
    105.5 KB · Views: 122
Upvote 40
Congrats on the first, hopefully many more to follow!!
 
Good job! I found my first of the year Friday. It shows up on my Garrett as an IH. Either way, they're fun to find!
 

Attachments

  • 1432783458244.webp
    1432783458244.webp
    52.7 KB · Views: 118
These bullets are so awesome, they're so plentiful that pretty much anyone who has a love of history and has a metal detector can find one. And when you've studied history for so long and you find something even so simple as a 3 ringer it is the greatest feeling in the world. To know that the last person to touch that artifact before you was a participant in the history that you've read about is just so fascinating. Hope you find many more to come :thumbsup:
 
awesome 3 ringer, that's way up there on my "must have" list!

very cool
 
Stock up on batt, your' hook know. It's like eating potato chips, nobody can have just one! lol. Congrats. RN
 
Welcome to Tnet and you're sure in the right place!!
 
Congratz.

I Still get "that Feeling" every time I dig one.
 
awesome find! congrats! I found one also but its tip on one side is squished,it's been used , not dropped!:headbang:
 
The first of many many more and plenty of variations of mini balls. HH!!!
 
Thanks to all. Great site and glad to be part of it. Good luck on your hunts.
 
I found my first one almost 1year ago. Now I am up to about 120. I still love pulling them out of the ground. Good luck on your future hunts!
 
Congrats on your first Minie and may you find many more.
 
Congratulations on the first, hope you have many more in your future!:thumbsup:
 
You never forget your first...or so they say. Mine was from the battle of Perryville. Congrats and good luck on finding more.

JimK
 
That is awesome! You and I are in a good state for sure! September of 94...I remember the exact spot in the woods I was (now a housing development) and exactly what the bullet looked like when it popped out of the ground. It's in it's own case to this day :thumbsup: Have fun and keep diggin!!
 
I'll be looking for my first one now that I'm healing up.
 
Congrats!

I am still looking for one.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom