What's new

My First Claim

Almost

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 9, 2019
Messages
4
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Great Wide Open
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just purchased a claim in Rye Patch, Nevada - sight unseen. I simply wanted a place to metal detect for gold with friends. I own an Equinox 800. I realize that mineralization / hot rocks may limit the effectiveness of my detector. I am wondering if anyone here has some experience with detecting in the Rye Patch area? How would you describe the mineralization - High/medium/low? What detector would you say would be better suited that my Equinox for Rye Patch? Thnaks!
 
Upvote 4
WELCOME to a fairly new member to Tnet ! There's several people that frequent Rey Patch that posts here periodically , I'm sure one of them will post something ! Good Luck to you !
 
I just purchased a claim in Rye Patch, Nevada - sight unseen. I simply wanted a place to metal detect for gold with friends. I own an Equinox 800. I realize that mineralization / hot rocks may limit the effectiveness of my detector. I am wondering if anyone here has some experience with detecting in the Rye Patch area? How would you describe the mineralization - High/medium/low? What detector would you say would be better suited that my Equinox for Rye Patch? Thnaks!
Wow! Purchasing a claim sight un-seen. Hope you didn’t pay too much. How did it work out for you? Have you had a chance to check it out?
 
I just purchased a claim in Rye Patch, Nevada - sight unseen. I simply wanted a place to metal detect for gold with friends. I own an Equinox 800. I realize that mineralization / hot rocks may limit the effectiveness of my detector. I am wondering if anyone here has some experience with detecting in the Rye Patch area? How would you describe the mineralization - High/medium/low? What detector would you say would be better suited that my Equinox for Rye Patch? Thnaks!

If you invite me out, you can test out my Garrett axiom.
 
A bunch from Bill Long's (recently he closed forum down) Nugget Shooter forum for years detected there, maybe a few of them are on here now.
 
Went out to rye patch a couple of times no luck. Some of the claims were doing a push with a dozer just skimming the top off then detecting.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom