What's new

My first detector, first hunt with it, & I found a little bit of gold!

Young River

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
45
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hewitt, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
My first detector, first hunt with it, & I found a little bit of gold!

I've been detecting with my Dad, Old River many times, but I've always used his detectors. He made a visit to me this weekend and surprised me with my very own for my birthday! A Garrett Ace 250. We got up this morning and hit a park nearby so that I could break it in. On my second signal, I dug up what appears to be a medal, possibly Cub or Boy Scout. With the next one...I struck gold! This is a first for me and I think that even Dad was surprised! It's a child's 10k gold ring. It's a little bitty thing, but I'm not complaining! We hunted for about an hour or so but decided to pack it on in. The wind and the dropping temperature was making it a bit uncomfortable. He had to travel on back home as well. I'm really looking forward to the nicer days ahead and the possibilities of places to explore! :D
 

Attachments

  • FirstRingFound.webp
    FirstRingFound.webp
    30.9 KB · Views: 555
  • First Gold.webp
    First Gold.webp
    10.2 KB · Views: 562
  • First Ring.webp
    First Ring.webp
    4.9 KB · Views: 543
  • First Finds.webp
    First Finds.webp
    14.5 KB · Views: 560
  • Medal.webp
    Medal.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 542
Upvote 0
Re: My first detector, first hunt with it, & I found a little bit of gold!

Cool, my Bday is wed, and my wife ordered me an ACE 250!! great finds and happy bday!
 
Re: My first detector, first hunt with it, & I found a little bit of gold!

I belive that medal is a pine wood derby medal for the scouts you get it when you make a car out of a piece of pine 2x4 and race it on a special made track and the last one standing wins
 
Re: My first detector, first hunt with it, & I found a little bit of gold!

Congrat's on the ring, the present, and :occasion13:, may you have many happy outings with the detector.
It's a gift that just keeps on giving :thumbsup:
 
Re: My first detector, first hunt with it, & I found a little bit of gold!

:thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom