My "First" finds!!!

ejimbo4

Jan 7, 2013
Martin,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So my family and I have recently gotten into panning and MD'ing! I traded a RC airplane of mine for a Garrett Ace 250 and I took it out in the front yard to try it out today and this was my take......

Very first find!!! 1999 (China) Ferrari!!!

DSC06678_zps641354f4.jpg

Piece of smashed pipe from what I can tell but I will clean it up anyways!

DSC06679_zpse423140b.jpg

Ball off a piece of jewelry(probably belly button piercing)

DSC06680_zpse5517290.jpg

All I can say is...."I'm Hooked!!!"

Upvote 1
Nice job.. My first hunt I found some nails and a ton of trash but was still exciting and got me hooked too... hh

Looks like you're a natural. Took right to finding. WTG!

HH!

If you happen to locate a 2008 (USA) Chevy HHR, contact me....LOL. Good Job!!!! :)

To find stuff your coil has to pass over a target, and then you gotta dig and replace the plug. Dig it all until you learn your machine. Unless I'm really tired, I still dig it all.

Our next step is a pinpointer as I can all ready see how much help that would be! My only thing is if I don't want to sink 130.00 into a Garrett what is the next best option?

Our next step is a pinpointer as I can all ready see how much help that would be! My only thing is if I don't want to sink 130.00 into a Garrett what is the next best option?

Agreed! Very interested in reasonable options.

I got a pointer from harbor freight for $15, replaced the button for about five bucks. It has worked pretty good the last six months

Just wondering if the "Bounty Hunter" pinpointer was any good?

I also have been using a cheapo $15 Harbor Freight pinpointer & it's easy to replace the off'on button yourself if needed. Been using it for two years! Andi

P.S. regarding the Harbor Freight pinpointer that I find useful -- a Negative is that you need to have that pinpointer within about an inch of your metal target before it beeps. So I use it only after I've already dug my hole to pinpoint which side of the hole the target's in. Probably the more costly pinpointers beep farther away than one inch. HH Andi

sounds like mine

P.S. regarding the Harbor Freight pinpointer that I find useful -- a Negative is that you need to have that pinpointer within about an inch of your metal target before it beeps. So I use it only after I've already dug my hole to pinpoint which side of the hole te target's in. Probably the more costly pinpointers beep farther away than one inch. HH Andi
SORRY:icon_scratch: My laptop wants me to edit the quote or start here "STILL-LEARNING" I have never herd of the HARBOR Freight pinpointer : But it sounds /act,s just like my Whites 'Bullseye 1 /2 or 3 Mod"-[its in the car] It's my 1st p-pointer in over 10 y'rs ,I have seen then priced @ 90-100$ but thought I got a deal 4 it a the local Relic Show for 15$ .I basicaly have to be touching the target for it to even sound .I now only use it in sweet old lady's yard's:laughing7: Maybe I got a dud but would not recomend the Whites Mod @ full price 10$ maybe. p.s.I also have no spellcheck:BangHead:

GOOD START .I have dug many Hot Wheels type cars even a 'REDLINE' in good shape until the right side wheels fell off I REALLY need a CHEAP Hot Wheels restoration person . HA. HA. Davers

Let the addiction begin Jimbo - LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back