My first gold ring!!!!

absosecur

Oct 26, 2012
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
I started this hobby in 1986 and it didn't take me long to realize that I didn't like to hunt the typical places where one would most likely find rings,in parks,swimming holes,schools etc. I was the master at getting all the bottle caps and pop tops. As time went on I would shy away from those areas more and more and focus on old homesites or places that had seen civil war activity whether it be battleground or camp. I am good at just ridin down the road and look off into a field or the woods and just know a home had to have sat there long ago. I have found five or six silver rings and very proud of them but now I have added this beauty to my hoard. My first real gold with a small diamond. It must be a child's but I am pleased just the same. It was about six inches deep. I don't know if any of you guys could kind of date it for me by just looking at the make of it but that would be nice. It is 10 carat. image-2210129238.jpg Also found a silver Roosevelt dime and silver nickle. I thought all silver nickels had a p mint mark. My friend said this one had a d mint mark. I had a great night out hunting. Thank you GOD!!!! HH

Last edited:
Upvote 11
Congratulations! It doesn't get any better than that. Isn't that an awesome feeling when you hit gold and its not trash. Nice job!

WTG! - HOPEFULLY THERE ARE MORE TO COME :icon_thumleft:

Cool find, congrats!

Congrats on the ring! Very nice find ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Congratulations! :occasion14:

Congrats man, still looking for my first gold. Not yet. Congrats!

gz on nice find! :icon_thumright:

Sent from my GT-S6500D using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Good Job.
Are you searching at night?? It looks like it from the photo.

Yes it's better than burning up. It is much nicer that way. I do hunt more daytime than night tho.

Congrats on your first gold ring! I remember mine well! GL. HH!

Nice find & congrats ...my first one was a real surprise to me too..& there's more to be found..

Beautiful gold !

sweet RING ..got to love gold lol... I just dug my first gold ring feels good :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back