What's new

MY FIRST HALF DIME!!! YEAH BABY!!!

jmastny78

Full Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2014
Messages
247
Reaction score
272
Golden Thread
0
Location
Three Rivers, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000
Went down to a year out that's been hunted "thoroughly!" For the last couple months. Decided to try my luck hunting the tailings in the most recently dug areas and managed to pick out a 1837 half dime! It's is extremely worn and the reverse has zero detail, but the obverse has all the detail I needed to see the seated lady and the date! I'm beside myself right now! [emoji38] this is also my oldest coin to date, beating my previous oldest by 20+\-yrs. Also found a neat little gold looking butterfly pin/decor with a couple of small green gems in it. It's very thin and wants to break if touched! Pulled out the other usual things: some clad, a chunk of lead, a fuse, bullet casing, shot gun shell, old door lock latch, gas cap mount/ring, and a silver plated snake pin (found a couple of days ago at a different location). Any which way it was a great day and thanks for looking always love the comments! HH ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436111859.144571.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436111870.508504.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436111879.809286.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436111890.896019.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436111900.078742.webp
 
Upvote 32
That is a hard one to get off the list ....congrats
 
PBS I almost tossed it because it looked like a blank!!! Lucky i noticed the few details that it had on it! I swear it was almost exact same situation as my trime last year! Found it in a tailings pile by a dug out section next to a driveway.
 
You have an elusive coin. In 1836 and 1837 the "no stars" dimes AND half dimes were minted. I have both of the dimes. The 1838 varieties are New Orleans mint. I'm still trying to locate those half dimes and you have one. That's awesome!
 
WOW!! Half dime's are hard enough to find. That baby has seen some history!!! Great find!!:occasion14:
 
Sweet half-dime there! Those are tough to find congrats !

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom