My first half dollar!

Nathanonline

Oct 31, 2015
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been detecting now for about a month, I started on a Garrett Ace 250 and got a Minelab Explorer II (much better). I have been having great success early on, but more importantly I'm really enjoying the hobby so far. Last night I found quite a few old coins, but the one I really enjoyed since I hadn't found a half dollar yet, a 1906 barber in pretty nice shape too!

IMG_4208.JPG

Upvote 30
Nice, I use that detector also! I bet it was singing out to you, Congratulations, I would love to find one! Hope you find more!

Barber half dollars are always a great coin to find congrats on that one.

Congratulations on your first half. That E2 is one of the best machines ever made for finding silver. Bury some deep ones and learn those iffy, deep tones. Don't run your gain maxed out and you will find deep silver if it's there.

I am with jackalopeZL1... welcome to the Barber half club.

Usually the Walking half is the first one to show up. You did well by starting with the Barber! Congrats.

Congratz on a great coin! I'm still looking for my first half dollar!

That's one awesome coin to dig in your first month of detecting. Hell most newbies are elated to pull a silver in there 1st month even if it's just a rosie. What state are you swinging in?

3 years diggin' and I have to be content with a crummy BEN. drat, grumble, shucks. she will look hot with a visit to the salon, LOL

good job by you!!! waiting on my first Barber half

Congrats on your first half! That's a great one to check off the list. Welcome to the club

Congrats on your first Half. A Barber is one heck of a way to get on the board. Your Minelab is an excellent detector. Besides my Fisher CZ 5's, I use the Minelab Explorer SE Pro.

Sure makes your eyes pop out when that big silver pops out don't it. Congrats!

Thanks everyone! Yeah it was singing so nicely I could not believe it. Loco I'm digging in California!

Congrats on the Barber Half.
I have been swinging a coil for a long time. I found my first Barber Half this year. You done good! !

Great, congratulations on your first half, and a barber no less. Enjoy and happy hunting.

That is a big way to find your first half!!!!! Barbers are always a nice sight to see in the hole!!!! Congrats!!!!:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back