My First Indian Head!

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• MD pics 106.jpg
    MD pics 106.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 538
  • Indian Head2.jpg
    Indian Head2.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 532
Last edited:
Upvote 0
:) Great find! Where were you hunting and how deep was it?

Keep digging!

I was hunting on a Civil War site. It was at about 4 inches.

Thanks bud

Last edited:
{Sentinel} said:
Thank you Sir, it was exciting and surprisingly wasnt as deep as I thought it would be.

I know... you rubbed the dirt off it and was waiting to see a memorial or wheatie, or President Lincoln's noggin. You squinted a little wondering what kind of coin it was for two seconds and then saw the pointy Indian head dress, twisting the coin and thinking - finally!

Thats what I did anyways... then I screamed out to my MD'in buddy Wingman Tony that I had an IH and he said; "Bout time", and never looked up.

I was happy as hell...

Thanks Mirage :)

Last edited:
Nice find there, Sentinel! I would've been doin' the dance.

HH

Kool stuff there Sentinel. 8)... Great to hear that ya got yer first Lil Injun and an oldie to boot! :) When it comes to describing that special rush a person gets, when a real old coin sees the light of day after being entombed for who knows how long,you can sure tell it like it is! ;) How in the heck did you get Here, Lil' Injun? ya kinda ask yerself, eh? Whose pocket was it in last, ya gotta wonder? ??? Seems to me that it's only the older coins that end up with that thick caked on stuff, in my experience anyway. The longer in the ground, the tighter the stuff sticks to the coin. ::)

I was a little surprised to hear that you used peroxide on it though ??? Glad to hear it worked out O.K. for you. I always use Olive oil and let 'em soak for weeks sometimes. ;D

Thanks for sharing yer buzz with us buddyman...

What a great hobby , eh?

LarryB

Way to go Senti!!! Congrats on that first!

Nana :)

Yeah larrybass, I heated it up some and put the coin in. I use this tactic if the coin permits it.. it fizzed like an alkaseltzer and cleaned that baby up. It actually worked really well....with some coins this technique will destroy the detail

Last edited:
Awesome find!!! Congrats on your first IH. I've only found one myself so far, and was excited as hell. It was a great milestone to get a coin into the 1800's.
Great job,
MM

Excellent! That's the part I was still wondering about. So the coin wasn't damaged even after bubblin' away all night? O.K. then, I'll try that out on my next grungy ol' coin. Thanx fer the hot tip!

Is that a 50-50 baby oil/ olive oil blend or 60-40? ;D ;D Joshin' ya friend, I know it's 70-30! ;) ;D

lb

LOL@ LarryBass.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back