What's new

My first large cent!!

verbious

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2012
Messages
435
Reaction score
614
Golden Thread
0
Location
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Bounty Hunter Platinum (back up)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had about and hour and a half before dark and decided to swing the machine around in the area where I found the 1864 IHP. I knew it was a good hit, and you can imagine my excitement, when I realized what it was.
 

Attachments

  • 1480216988574.webp
    1480216988574.webp
    59.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 1480217024934.webp
    1480217024934.webp
    32.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 1480217069032.webp
    1480217069032.webp
    44.3 KB · Views: 101
Upvote 26
Congrats on your first! Found my first a couple of weeks ago. I know the feeling!!
 
Congratulations on your first large cent.
So sad to see what some types of soil will do to copper. Put that coin in a coin folder and mark it "FIRST"
 
Congrats on your first and hopefully not your last.
 
Great find! Congrats! Mark it off the list!
 
Some of the detail was lost. It is the same coin. It appears that it is the version from 1808-1814. Haven't been able to get the date yet.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom