What's new

My First Large Copper - County Park

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
12,256
Reaction score
4,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Great Lakes State
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
In April I dug a nice 1865 2-cent piece from a lake front park. Today I dug my first large cent from another park, 20-feet from the shoreline near the restroom bldg, about 8" deep. I thought for sure I'd hit a silver quarter. I threw it in my pouch thinking, "nah, no way, it's just a copper knock-out. Later, when I looked closer, I saw a star, then, "woo-hoo!"

ffd
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0428 [320x200].webp
    IMG_0428 [320x200].webp
    10.3 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_0437 [320x200].webp
    IMG_0437 [320x200].webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_0439 [320x200].webp
    IMG_0439 [320x200].webp
    16.5 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_0441 [320x200].webp
    IMG_0441 [320x200].webp
    12 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_0442 [320x200].webp
    IMG_0442 [320x200].webp
    13.3 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_0443 [320x200].webp
    IMG_0443 [320x200].webp
    19.2 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_0428 [320x200].webp
    IMG_0428 [320x200].webp
    10.3 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_0437 [320x200].webp
    IMG_0437 [320x200].webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_0439 [320x200].webp
    IMG_0439 [320x200].webp
    16.5 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_0441 [320x200].webp
    IMG_0441 [320x200].webp
    12 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_0442 [320x200].webp
    IMG_0442 [320x200].webp
    13.3 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_0443 [320x200].webp
    IMG_0443 [320x200].webp
    19.2 KB · Views: 279
Upvote 0
NIce Classic Head!
 
can u see a date? looks to be earlier variety. great find btw.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom