What's new

MY FIRST PLATINUM

Captain PopTop

Sr. Member
Joined
May 3, 2012
Messages
435
Reaction score
265
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

  • DSC04009.webp
    DSC04009.webp
    35 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC04008.webp
    DSC04008.webp
    35.4 KB · Views: 190
  • DSC04006.webp
    DSC04006.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 207
  • DSC04004.webp
    DSC04004.webp
    14.8 KB · Views: 203
  • DSC04003.webp
    DSC04003.webp
    18.2 KB · Views: 204
  • DSC04001.webp
    DSC04001.webp
    15.8 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Upvote 0
The only thing better then seeing gold in the scoop is seeing plat in the scoop. :thumbsup:
 
I got one a few weeks ago..researched and "PLAT" means 95% platinum!

Congrats...very nice score.

ARA takes 10% off platinum melt..but still a nice payday: $597
 
Great find.... just got one about two weeks ago too.... did you drop down and fan for it or are the ears still bothering you?

Cliff
 
Damn nice find Capt!
 
Im still above water ,cant wait to get back under, gonna finish the medicine then go back under, I am a lot better, I did find it at just about neck deep if it wasn't flat or if it had a current woulda been hard to pluck it out, if I was snorkeling woulda been easy. great day out yesterday perfect conditions above water, didn't go today but going Thursday !
 
OMG, You Pirate!!

Very Nice Captain!!
 
Nice honker of a ring! Congratulations
 
What a find...Im still looking for my first plat...congrats.
 
''What a find...I'm still looking for my first plat...congrats.'
Ditto
:occasion14:
 
Haven't gotten one yet. I guess its like the elusive hole in one right? Great find!! Ray
 
made my day been huntin on and off for 7 years so I was past due,I only seem to find 10k/14k & silver or plated jewelry I automatically thought it was white gold, when I got out of the water a guy approached me and asked me if I found any Spanish treasure today, and I told him that's on the east coast not really around here, that I find mostly peoples lost jewelry. he was like to me if I was going to do that it would have to be for lost treasure and I had the ring on my finger and said well whats wrong with finding platinum rings and I showed him the ring, he said where did you find that and I pointed to the area 10 mins ago right their he was a loss for words and said well I guess that would be all right 2 then.
 
CD answered my question on his post above. My ears are fine now. I'll be in soon. Nice hunker. :occasion14:
 
Congratulations on a super find. Platinum is even more elusive than gold.
 
What does a platinum ring hit at compared to gold?
 
I hit a small plat, 4gram several years ago and it was a Very low clean tone. A larger ring like CPT's maybe different. I would like to know myself..? Now I have hit ladies gold rings that weight 2 grams that were a very low tone but not clean...and depth would play a part in cleanest of the tone also. Captain what did she sound like?
 
I knew right away I had a ticket, It wasn't that deep, I was searching in Disc cause I was tired/hurtin looking for recent drops & wanting to call it quits for over an hour. I also had the volume turn up cause my ears were clogged, so it was Loud Clean Tone, but when I found the small 2 carat diamond plat for a couple on the volley ball court, she had tiny fingers, it sounded low/clean and knew it was her rings each time, but the smaller plat rings sounded different to me I can still remember that like it was today cause I've been praying to hear that low tone again for a big diamond, platinum ladies wedding band. i thought the small gold toe ring today might have been one cause it had a low clean tone
 
Last edited:
That is a fat Platinm ring. I got a huge Platinum a few weeks ago and it is not as heavy as yours! I love the sound that Platinum make on my GT!
 
It looks like you have a Maker's mark on the ring. I found a Plat ring with +. I can't remember which maker it was but it was very specific. That maker used a secret metal combination for the last 5%. Probably will not alter the value but if you are curious you might be able to find out exactly who made it.

Crispin
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom