What's new

MY FIRST PLATINUM

Captain PopTop

Sr. Member
Joined
May 3, 2012
Messages
435
Reaction score
265
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

  • DSC04009.webp
    DSC04009.webp
    35 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC04008.webp
    DSC04008.webp
    35.4 KB · Views: 190
  • DSC04006.webp
    DSC04006.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 207
  • DSC04004.webp
    DSC04004.webp
    14.8 KB · Views: 203
  • DSC04003.webp
    DSC04003.webp
    18.2 KB · Views: 204
  • DSC04001.webp
    DSC04001.webp
    15.8 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Congrats on your first platinum ring Captain! What a nice heavy ring. I'm still searching for my first...tc
 
Your find keeps me digging retrieving replacing. Arrrr congrats
 
It looks like you have a Maker's mark on the ring. I found a Plat ring with +. I can't remember which maker it was but it was very specific. That maker used a secret metal combination for the last 5%. Probably will not alter the value but if you are curious you might be able to find out exactly who made it.

Crispin

Its got the Stuller symbol its made by them the link is under where i wrote with the pics, they sell to dealers you cant buy from them, they don't have the info / i couldn't find it yet
 
WTG,so excited and happy for you,nice PLAT:thumbsup:,,HH:hello:
 
Throw up a recordable .wav file so us excal users can do the happy dance when it comes filtering through the headphones. ;-)

awesome ring and heavy too.
 
Absolutely awesome WTG


Rockyredbaron
 
I have found two Platinum bands so far this year......In the last 5 years i have dug 10 Platinum wedding bands and 9 of the 10 came from one town.....I simply profiled the beachgoers that go to the beaches there....They are mostly affluent and the town has a huge Jewish population that love to wear platinum wedding bands.....these beaches are what I consider "Quality over Quantity" beaches......The vast number of coins and "K-Mart" Jewelry isn't there but when I dig gold and plat. it is usually a real nice piece !!

SAM_0487.webp

IMGP3519.webp
 
Throw up a recordable .wav file so us excal users can do the happy dance when it comes filtering through the headphones. ;-)

awesome ring and heavy too.

I'm Lucky to be able to get pics on here with my posts !
 
That's How I Found This One ! , I ventured away from the public beach's caused their getting hit reel hard and wanted to try some place new !



I have found two Platinum bands so far this year......In the last 5 years i have dug 10 Platinum wedding bands and 9 of the 10 came from one town.....I simply profiled the beachgoers that go to the beaches there....They are mostly affluent and the town has a huge Jewish population that love to wear platinum wedding bands.....these beaches are what I consider "Quality over Quantity" beaches......The vast number of coins and "K-Mart" Jewelry isn't there but when I dig gold and plat. it is usually a real nice piece !!

View attachment 850918

View attachment 850919
 
Hahah. That was funny and I hear you about the pics. I usually never post finds because my camera is god awful. Oh and surfdigger I watched your vid of you finding a platinum just the other day. Man you were happy. :-)

I'm hoping I find one when I hit the jersey shore next week.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom