My first pocket knife

Jeremy013

Dec 9, 2013
Goldsboro NC
Detector(s) used
BH 2200, White's Coinmaster 2900/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a few minutes to spare , so went back over a spot I had previously detected with disc. on.. This time in all metal mode I got a decent hit at 6 inches. Showed up as a $.25 so had to dig it. What I found instead at about 8 inches is this pocket knife , which I assume is a Barlow.
barlow.jpg

Upvote 0
Cool find and looks to be in pretty good shape too.

I am finding a lot of newer stuff at deeper depths. I think there was a fire or something at this location, and a lot of stuff got buried. The reason I say that is, I am finding chunks of charred wood at 6-8 inches as well. The oldest coin I have found is 1972.

Found an old one Sunday that had nothing left but the liners and bolters. It had met the plow as well. Everything in the site has been early 1800's but hard to say on a pocketknife. Congrats on yours. A really personal item that most likely meant more to the owner than the coins in their pocket.:icon_thumleft:

I agree it looks like the Barlow style. Great find. Go find the rest of that pocket spill now.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Nice find! The last one I posted from the Chicago Worlds Fair 1933 is in fair shape.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back