My first post here!

diggergrl

Jul 29, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
Hello everyone! I’ve been hanging around on the forum here a little bit, and now I think it is time to post a few of my finds.
Earlier this week I got together with Buckleboy and Kindafoundabuckle to take a trip to one of Buckleboy’s Civil War picket posts. We started digging keepers within about 15 minutes: I found a round ball, Buckleboy came away with a round ball, some campfire lead, and a 69 caliber minie, and Kindafoundabuckle also dug a 69 caliber minie in addition to what we think was a lead-filled brass button. Buckleboy also found a strange iron thing that you can see in the photo of the un-cleaned finds. (Help please…)
md1 007r.jpg

md1 014r.jpg

md1 016r.jpg

md1 005r.jpg

We hunted the field for about an hour but left after the owner started to fertilize the field. Instead we decided to try our luck looking for an old school house shown on a map that Buckleboy pulled out of a giant leather bag brimming with old maps and google earth print-outs. We quickly located the school house, which was still standing. After quickly locating the owners, we were granted permission to hunt the yard and surrounding field. Ironically, we didn’t find any relics from the school house itself--instead we stumbled across the site of a tenant house where I found two broken buckles from a mare’s bridle. Buckleboy started to dig canning jar lids and his last find of the day was a nifty little spigot. About this time, it started to get dark and we called it quits.

md1 003r.jpg

md1 015r.jpg

After dark we started up a conversation with the land owners, who had asked to see our finds. They ended up giving us a bit of local history, which confirmed the research we had on the area. They also offered to let us come back and hunt not only around the school house, but also the yard of their own house which dates from the 1890’s. Though we did not have a particularly high volume of finds, just the goodwill and interest of the landowners made the trip worthwhile!

~Diggergrl

(hey buckleboy, can I borrow your bag?)

Upvote 0

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great first interesting finds.
You keep digging everything like that and you will have a lot to show us in the future.
Welcome to the fourum and look forward to seeing your finds in the future.

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds and welcome!

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing your pic and finds. welcome to TN

t.p

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from the UK ;D

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Welcome to Tnet, DiggerG. You're one lucky person to have two of the best treasure hunters in your area to take you out with them. If anyone can find an old CW Camp it will be BB. Best of luck in the future and looking fwd to many more of your finds. HH

Desertfox

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on all the nice finds diggergrl !!!!! we don't find the civil war relics here in Mich like a lot of people in the southern states, but last week I did manage to dig a New York Malitia button

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a fun hunt. It was a nice change of pace to do some housesite hunting. FYI Kindafounabuckle--this is some of my favorite hunting, and I think we should to more of it ;) Glad no one got skunked, even though we weren't out there at the CW site very long. Nice work DG, and keep it up!

P.S.--Sorry, but I respecfully decline on the prospect of you borrowing my bag ;) But if you need a site or two at some point I'm sure I could hook you up.

Regards,

Buckleboy

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Welcome to Tnet and congrats on those finds. Just getting permission and the interest of the owners is a plus in itself. You couldn't have picked two better MDers to hunt with. You will learn much from both and I look forward to seeing your next finds.
HH Roy

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Digger Grl ;) Ya'll cleaned house. Those are some beautiful dropped minies and musketballs!!! I got to tell you, I really like those buckles as well. Pretty cool lil spigot too BB ;) The way I hear it Digger Grl, you have been "cleaning" house with BB and KFB ;D ;D ;D ;) Welcome to TNet. You will enjoy it and meet some cool people in the process!

P.S. I have found those "chisel" type objects in the Suffolk spot that I have. And I agree with you, the other object definitely was a button.

Sentinel

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Welcome to Tnet. We always need more lady hunters here at Tnet! What a great post and to be able to hunt with Buckleboy and Kindafoundone (LOL) must be a real treat! Looking forward to seeing more of your finds and hunt pics!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net, Diggergrl. Super nice finds and getting to hunt with KFB & BB; well those 2 guys know their way around to some good sites cause they're always posting some awesome finds. Looking forward to more of your posts & finds...Good Luck & Happy Hunting!

;) RR

welcome_cat.gif

Attachments

• welcome_cat.gif
    welcome_cat.gif
    38.3 KB · Views: 454

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread