my first pre 1900s

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my first pre 1900's

found my first pre 1900's coin today...a seated liberty dime IMAG0152.jpgIMAG0150.jpg

Upvote 22
And off course they decided to cover part of the date.
Heathens.
No respect.
But the hole does give it a personality that the unholed ones lack.
Congrates and Kudos!
Carl

Congratulations, why the heck would someone drill over the date? Man that's a mean trick.

thanks mike...your info prompted me to do some research....because of some other changes made to that coin i have now narrowed it down to between 1840 to 1860

Even with the hole in the date, just the fact that you broke through to the 1800's is awesome! Congrats, I have yet to do so!

That's one awesome way to enter the 1800's. It's not everyday someone finds a seated dime. In 4 seasons I only have one. Congrats on a killer coin!

A beauty for sure. The hole ruins the coin. Why don't you just send it to me and I'll send you a nice shiny new 2015 dime w/o a hole. [emoji2]. Excellent find

Great score for your first pre 1900's!!! Seated is always great!!!

Wtg on your first 1800's. Only 1800's silver I have is English, so I would like your dime with or without the hole.

I agree with the others, hole or not, that's a great way to break into the 1800s! good job

That was a trange place to hole one to wear on a chain.Still is great to break the time barrier to the 1800's . THE THIRD WORD is strange ouch.The oldest coin I have found this entire year has been an 1906 o Barber dime.

Last edited:
That's awesome. I'm jealous of the hole - I've never once found a holed coin!

Congrats

Steve

NOW,Scrappy,we might just hope your next 1800 type coin is holed to satisfy your desire.

Very nice silver now find the gold chain it was on and reunite them.Welldone

Very nice find,, seated coins are treasured finds. If I find any coin that has been holed, I now want to know if it was done to make jewelry, a love token, or because the coin was worthy of being worn around one's neck. I don't wear much jewelry but I might make an exception for a seated.dime

Holed coins have character, nice recovery and it's a keeper.

Nice seated. I would like to join the 1800 club also.

Congrats on your first pre 1900's coin. ( Most people start with Barbers or Indians ! )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back