my first pre 1900s

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my first pre 1900's

found my first pre 1900's coin today...a seated liberty dime IMAG0152.jpgIMAG0150.jpg

Upvote 22
Congrats on breaking thru to the 1800's. Thats a beauty with or without the hole.

Most of the older coins you find with holes weren't holed to be worn as jewelry but as a way to carry their change because clothes back then were hand made and it was a lot of extra work to put pockets in.

Didn't they hole coins so that they could sow them into their clothes to prevent loss, robbery. Didn't help this coin though

hey dbandgb it has been tough digging...i basicly went the whole month of july without detecting because of little rain and near 100 temps every day....so now temps r near 90 so i have been detecting more....oh yeah...you ask how ive been digging....with my 31 inch lesche and a lot (and i do mean a lot) of sweat....lol...i am really looking forward to fall and winter

Great job man....wear that!

It took me YEARS to find my first "Holey" Coin. Great job and congrats!

Congrats on entering the 1800s club! As pointed out by the others, that's a really nice way to enter the club!

I have looked all over Charlotte, but just can't seem to find a seated coin... guess I better try harder!

Best of luck to you!

Nice seated with "personality" Congrats!

Looks like someone's attempt to hang onto it failed.

hey tom...go a little south...found that one in Matthews...lol....and a friend of yours was with me when i found it

Barry, that looks nice now that you got it cleaned a little, congrats!

cool seated . it has character

Lookin Good Even with the hole.
Congratz

IMO ,It was pretty new when holed & lost.

Congratulations, while I have broken into the 1700s, I still don't have a seated anything to my name

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back