What's new

My first Reale and my first silver half dollar!

rsilva02667

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2014
Messages
353
Reaction score
910
Golden Thread
1
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back out to my hot spot this morning with my brother. On the way out there I was telling him how there has to be Spanish silver out here because it was so popular during the time period that were finding the coins from. My first coin was the merc then a little while later I found the franklin half, followed by my first 2 Reale!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442362783.119210.webp
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442362800.651947.webp
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442362811.669500.webp
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442362824.353920.webp
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442362842.655291.webp

I cleaned the reale using electrolysis because I could barely read it. Now I think I can read the date, looks like 1794! Happy hunting everyone!
 
Upvote 46
Congratulations!
 
good stuff on the Cape!
 
Awesome coins, both the reale and the Franklin are on my hit list.
 
now that's a great day, first half and first Spanish in 1 hunt!!, I bet youre on cloud 9 right now!, great finds!!
 
I wouldn't have fried it, but hey, congrats on the Spanish!


Steve
 
Bet there's some poor Spaniard in Heaven saying, " so THAT'S where I lost it". Congratulations:notworthy:
 
nice real! The 1 real I believe is roughly the size of a nickel, and the 2 real is roughly quarter size. Can't quite tell from the pics which is it. If all else fails you can always weigh it.
 
Sometimes you just have to throw it out there into the universe!

Great find, brother. Congrats on the Spanish cerise. :)
 
1794 makes sense. The 1R has a diameter of 20mm; the 2R--28mm and the 4R--34mm.
One variety shows CARLOS IV and the other (yours) shows CARLOS IIII; both contain .896 fine silver.
Nice save!!
Don......
 
I wouldn't have fried it, but hey, congrats on the Spanish!


Steve

I was hesitant to clean it, def fried it lol but I couldn't see much for detail and I wanted to know what was under that crud!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom