What's new

My First Seated Half Dime

winslow

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2004
Messages
448
Reaction score
1,644
Golden Thread
2
Location
Oregon, No Cal Border
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max, Equinox 900
This site I've been working has proved to be very productive. Last week I found my oldest silver foreign coin (1826 Shilling) and my oldest US silver coin (1842 Seated Dime). Today I found my first Seated Half-Dime. That makes 5 seated coins from this one area (2 halfs, 1 quarter, 1 dime and now a half-dime).

I thought I had another silver dime but it ended up being a blank that is just slightly larger compared to a dime. Maybe a slick foreign coin or something else?? No reeds on the side so probably in something else category.

I like finding Hazards Powder lead caps. Maybe it's the name but I think it's cooler than the usual Dupont caps.

Included a picture of all the nails and pieces I dug in my quest for silver. Still hoping I find a US gold coin someday. :tongue3:
 

Attachments

  • caprice misc 12-9-2015.webp
    caprice misc 12-9-2015.webp
    75.1 KB · Views: 169
  • caprice hazards lead.webp
    caprice hazards lead.webp
    24.1 KB · Views: 141
  • caprice seated half dime ground 1847.webp
    caprice seated half dime ground 1847.webp
    219.3 KB · Views: 165
  • caprice seated half dime fnt.webp
    caprice seated half dime fnt.webp
    30.1 KB · Views: 151
  • caprice seated half dime rev.webp
    caprice seated half dime rev.webp
    25.3 KB · Views: 160
Upvote 42
Great finds! Good luck with the gold coin, that is what I'm hoping for too.
 
Congrats! Looks like you have a great site to hunt. Finding the first of anything is always a thrill. Especially true with seated half dimes as they don't come out of the ground very often.
 
The half dime is in pretty good shape, , especially the date.
Congrats on a great find
 
its starting to look like there was a lot of activity where you are hunting,something tells me you wont be leaving that spot anytime soon..I do like the payroll cache theory,just wonder what regiment it was for
 
Sweet Half Dime.
 
Congratz! That is a nice half dime!
 
WINSLOW WILL YOU PLEASE BE SEATED .. NICE FIND ..
 
Wow! Sounds like an amazing spot?!? Great digs man!! I'm still hoping and praying for a half dime and a seated half. Lol. Beautiful coins! Did the half some come up as a 76 on the VDI? How deep was it?
 
Love the little Huf dimes. Great site you have
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom