What's new

My first shot...this is what I got

Ray Hogan

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jan 18, 2008
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Well, found this site yesterday and also happened to read an article in a metal detecting magazine about coin roll hunting. Took the plunge today, went by my bank and they had two boxes of halves. Took them to my Dad's and he and I went through them.

11 90% silvers...1 Ken, 5 Franks, 5 Walking
48 40% silvers

Went to a coin dealer and he valued at $136.25

I was astounded! Just about two hours work total. Is this average, better than average or less than average. What othe dates or types should I be looking for. What great fun. Thanks for the site and any responses.

Thanks again, Ray
 
Upvote 0
That is insanely better than average, and a nice score. Usually I'm just happy if I don't get skunked, which seems to happen alot.
 
Nice haul, but way above the average. I have just had 7 skunk boxes in a row.
 
With silver closing at $16.09 today, your coins have a $178.22 value in silver alone. Any dealer needs to make a profit but I think this guy is a little low. If he is the only game in town, I guess you have to use him but, if you shop around, you can get better offers. Even giving up 10% should get you $160. Just a tip.....nice score!!
 
First, welcome aboard RH. Very nice totals I might add. I think I would get more boxes from that bank.

I definitely agree with PB also.
 
much beter than adverage --get all you can --asap -- get it while the getting is good is the crh motto
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom