What's new

My First Silver Coin!

Inspector Comet

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2020
Messages
93
Reaction score
213
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex,
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been at this since fall of last year, and have found a medium-sized-jar's worth of clad, and a small dumpster worth of junk. I've mostly been hitting parks and apparently I'm not the only one. Looking forward to getting some permissions soon. Anyway, oldest coin I've found so far was a wheatie from 1937. Then, in a section close to an early 1900's house, I found SILVER! A 1937 Quarter minted in Denver, to be precise. I've found a couple silver rings but really wanted a silver coin.

Also found yesterday: a prosperity gospel token, aluminum with some guys name and address on the back. Maybe I should mail it back to him. Or glue it to my Simplex? It's power got me $3 of wealth yesterday...
Other coins found yesterday will be added to my clad collection.

All that to say: I'm really excited, and you all will understand that more than most. Had to share. ;D



First Silver 3-17-20.webp
 
Upvote 72
I started detecting in '81 or '82 and found lots of silver in town. Live in the country now and started detecting again after a 20 yr. break. Waiting or my first silver so I know the feeling you had finding that one. I hope it's my turn this spring. Gary
 
Hopefully the first of many...keep it up :icon_thumleft:
I think my first was a war nickel...I remember my first sil. quarter was from
my grand-aunts yard from under her clothes line
it was so long ago - 1975 age 12
 
congrats on your first milestone
 
Congrats,

It's a great feeling. The rest will come much easier now.

Jer
 
There's nothing like the feeling of your first silver coin, and that rush doesn't go away as you keep finding them. I remember my first and it was in 1991. Continued success to you!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom