Inspector Comet

Jan 3, 2020
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex,
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been at this since fall of last year, and have found a medium-sized-jar's worth of clad, and a small dumpster worth of junk. I've mostly been hitting parks and apparently I'm not the only one. Looking forward to getting some permissions soon. Anyway, oldest coin I've found so far was a wheatie from 1937. Then, in a section close to an early 1900's house, I found SILVER! A 1937 Quarter minted in Denver, to be precise. I've found a couple silver rings but really wanted a silver coin.

Also found yesterday: a prosperity gospel token, aluminum with some guys name and address on the back. Maybe I should mail it back to him. Or glue it to my Simplex? It's power got me $3 of wealth yesterday...
Other coins found yesterday will be added to my clad collection.

All that to say: I'm really excited, and you all will understand that more than most. Had to share. ;D

First Silver 3-17-20.jpg

Upvote 36

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been at this since fall of last year, and have found a medium-sized-jar's worth of clad, and a small dumpster worth of junk. I've mostly been hitting parks and apparently I'm not the only one. Looking forward to getting some permissions soon. Anyway, oldest coin I've found so far was a wheatie from 1937. Then, in a section close to an early 1900's house, I found SILVER! A 1937 Quarter minted in Denver, to be precise. I've found a couple silver rings but really wanted a silver coin.

Also found yesterday: a prosperity gospel token, aluminum with some guys name and address on the back. Maybe I should mail it back to him. Or glue it to my Simplex? It's power got me $3 of wealth yesterday...
Other coins found yesterday will be added to my clad collection.

All that to say: I'm really excited, and you all will understand that more than most. Had to share. ;D

View attachment 1812323

Won't be the last dude.:icon_thumleft:

NZ49er

Apr 3, 2018
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! You'll have a jar of them in what seems like no time. The longer you're at this, the better your finds will get as you learn your machine and how to find and search different areas.

Last edited:

WG2020

Oct 9, 2018
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Inspector Comet,

Nice hunt, definitely like the silver. You will soon be finding more silver, just keep at it. Recommend linking up with an experienced fellow detector, this will definitely help you get better at this great hobby. Additionally, look at joining a metal detecting club, you will find lots of member that enjoy teaching the beginners the ropes. The clubs also have sponsored hunts where your chances of finds are increased. Also, check out your local library and research the history of your location - find where everyone used to hang out 100 years ago, search the lawns of the older homes. You are more likely to find silver in the lawn of a home built in 1910 vice a home built in the 70s. Take care and good luck with your hunts. Walt

Last edited:

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first silver coin was also a quarter, 1936 IIRC. Congrats on your first silver coin!

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congrats. I've only found a silver dime. Rosie. 1944 war nickel to, but not sure the silver content.

OP
OP
Inspector Comet

Inspector Comet

Jan 3, 2020
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex,
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the encouragement guys! I certainly hope many more follow...

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nicely done, congrats on your first :occasion14:

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Inspector Comet, wait until you find your first gold (coin, ring, etc). Th en you'll be looking for the 2nd, 3rd, 48th.

OP
OP
Inspector Comet

Inspector Comet

Jan 3, 2020
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex,
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Silver coins won't be the only thing,there's GOLD in there too,and don't forget RELICS either.:laughing7:

There's an old saying,"Practice makes perfect"...dig on dude.:laughing7:

Inspector Comet, wait until you find your first gold (coin, ring, etc). Th en you'll be looking for the 2nd, 3rd, 48th.

Gold would be sweet! I'd really like to find a mercury dime too, I love the way those things look. But yeah gold would be nice. Now I just need to find a place with less trash, so I can minimize the number of pull tabs I'll have to dig before the aforementioned gold appears. As I mentioned, hoping to get some permissions this spring. We'll see!

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Outstanding! :icon_thumright:
I remember my first, it was a 1952 quarter, and it about knocked me off my feet,
the signal was so loud and sweet...!
Don't worry, you'll be finding many more, with that Simplex...!

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Grats on the 37d quarter as a first silver coin. Now, get back out there and find your first merc or better yet, walker. GL & HH ALL

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Echoing the previous posts but an extra congratulations is always in order. Pound that section well. If there was one, there might be more.

Good luck and HH

mddavis3

May 13, 2019
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! The first silver coin is a fun one to find! I still get giddy over every silver I unearth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread