What's new

My First Silver Foriegn Coin

InTheWoods

Full Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2006
Messages
147
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT
I found this Silver Italian 500 Lire in today's boxes. It has edge lettering with the date "1966".
Thanks for looking, Mark

Italy001.jpg
Italy002.jpg
 
Upvote 0
That's a neat coin SCM. Congrats. So the date is on the rim?
 
Congrats! That is the first time I have ever even seen one of those, and it just goes to show that each box is a thing with strange and bizarre possibilities!
;D
 
Congratulations Mark on your first foreign silver coin with many more to follow!!!!
 
Gorgeous!
Is it as big as a half?
 
lejeuene said:
That's a neat coin SCM. Congrats. So the date is on the rim?

LJ, yes there is embossed lettering on the rim including the date and the same verbage as the obverse.

TXTim said:
Gorgeous!
Is it as big as a half?

Tim, it's just a little bit smaller in diameter than a half.
 
Nice coin. With all the rim detail I bet that one would make a nice two sided ring. ;) Congrats.

HH.
 
That is really a neat coin, I bet you are proud to add it to your collection, I know I would be.
Best wishes. Ray
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom