My first silver in 2 years!

mightyzep

Dec 5, 2007
Over the Thanksgiving weekend I found some time for using my Garrett Ace 250 metal detector. I had wondered if my detector just wasn't sensitive enough to find old coins. It had been over a year since I had found any silver, and in my life all I had ever found was silver dimes, 2 mercs and 3 rosies. I had also thought that my home in San Jose, CA just wasn't good for finding anything old. I thought everywhere is either not old enough, or totally hunted out. But I learned again, never, never, never give up. Friday was the first time I ever found a silver quarter (1938) and the first time I ever found 2 silvers in one day, the other was a 1958D dime which was in almost perfect condition and only about an inch deep.

101202%20coin%20finds.jpg

Upvote 0

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the silver...now get out there and find more.

NJ

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Congrats on the SILVER !! Theres silver all around but you'll have to think out of the box and hit the less obvious spots sometimes, also the more silver you find the better experienced you will be it !!! HH

TommNJ

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulation of your silver find. It has been a very long time for me too. Hope your silver finds rub off.
God bless
SoreKnees

phantomfinder

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2008
Denver , Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's DFX , Ace 150 , Prizm 2
WTG , on the silver :icon_thumleft: But if you want too find more you need to do your research in the town or city. find the olds place still standing and working your way out from there. good luck..... :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking silvers there Zep! :o
This is just the beginning too man! :icon_thumright:

Best of luck to you,
Dave

Attachments

• Silver!.jpg
    Silver!.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 338

Potter Poker

Jan 29, 2007
Potter County, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Way To Go Zep, gotta love the Ace 250, I got one just 3 weeks ago and started detecting where I already had gone before with my bounty hunter. Found more coins and a silver ring. The stuff is out there, but ya gotta dig dig dig. Keep at it, you'll find stuff :headbang:...Potter Poker

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a good example to the newbies. It's out there. :sign13:

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet silver :icon_thumleft: now time to get on the gold!!!! MR TUFF

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mightyzep said:
Over the Thanksgiving weekend I found some time for using my Garrett Ace 250 metal detector. I had wondered if my detector just wasn't sensitive enough to find old coins. It had been over a year since I had found any silver, and in my life all I had ever found was silver dimes, 2 mercs and 3 rosies. I had also thought that my home in San Jose, CA just wasn't good for finding anything old. I thought everywhere is either not old enough, or totally hunted out. But I learned again, never, never, never give up. Friday was the first time I ever found a silver quarter (1938) and the first time I ever found 2 silvers in one day, the other was a 1958D dime which was in almost perfect condition and only about an inch deep.

101202%20coin%20finds.jpg

Cool Finds..i used to think the same thing with my ACE250..i would find tons of Clad..then after i found my first silver..i relized its not the machine..its where i was..

oh and also..NEVER think that you cant find stuff in so called "Hunted Out" Places..i have found silver at all the "Hunted Out" places here..and even over the same places i have went over before...Nothing is ever really "Hunted Out" in my Opinion

Keep at it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread