What's new

My First SLQ

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2014
Messages
10,082
Reaction score
17,067
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I was able to get out over the weekend with Todd Lipe. The usual roles were reversed, and it was my turn to take him on a guaranteed to find silver hunt. We both were able to secure silver on both days, despite the heat running us home at lunch time.

Todd has really enjoyed pounding the silver out of my secret spots for the last two weekends!

Saturday:
I have included some items that were found during the week.
- 1925 SLQ.
- 1944 Washington.
- 1970 Dime with edge removed. I put it on top of a normal dime, so that you can see the damage.
- Indian, copper with enamel mounted on thick brass base. I have no idea what this is. Do you recognize it?
- Square reins guide. I am only familiar with the round ones.
- Artillery collar disc. Post and keeper are intact on rear.
- 1971 JFK clad half.
- 23 Wheaties. My "wheat cent" program is working nicely.

Sunday:
- Harmonica reed.
- ILCO key.
- 1967 Canadian centennial cent. Who knew?
- 1944 Filipino 10 centavos. Slightly smaller that a dime and 75% silver.
- 10 Wheaties.

40 silver coins YTD.

Thanks for looking and best of luck on your hunts!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20150725_134105_727-1.webp
    IMG_20150725_134105_727-1.webp
    540.1 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_20150725_104212_247-1.webp
    IMG_20150725_104212_247-1.webp
    311.6 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_20150725_134246_909-1.webp
    IMG_20150725_134246_909-1.webp
    196.6 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_20150725_140144_517-1.webp
    IMG_20150725_140144_517-1.webp
    234.6 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_20150725_142847.webp
    IMG_20150725_142847.webp
    77.9 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_20150726_140126_792-1.webp
    IMG_20150726_140126_792-1.webp
    564.5 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_20150726_094802_927-1.webp
    IMG_20150726_094802_927-1.webp
    165.8 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Upvote 60
Love those SLQs. I haven't dug one in many years.
 
Congrats on the SLQ. That's a nice artillery pin-any idea how old it is?
 
NICE JOB TOM! I sure do hope it cools off soon cause you sure ain't. I like that indian whateveritisthingamajig.
 
Congrats Tom, I have to say I'm jealous of the quarter but I like the indian head thing the best. Can't wait to hear what it is...
 
Thanks Vino. I am glad that I "Daddy" proud...

And, yes, I did have a sweet tea after the hunt. I have taken the liberty of including a map of "Sweet Tea Territory" for your perusal. In the orange shaded area of the map, everyone drinks sweet tea.

You better include Cascade Maryland on your map, I drink it all the time. lol.
 
You better include Cascade Maryland on your map, I drink it all the time. lol.

Will do DS.

Vino is having a little fun at my expense. While in Philly, he relentlessly mocked my very slight (read: almost imperceptible) Southern accent, as well as took great pleasure each and every time I was denied sweet tea by the waitress!
 
Ohhh???? I thought the orange indicated were you only find MERCURY DIMES! LOL..

That hurt. Please quit speaking the truth. We are lucky if we find the really old Mercury dimes... as most of our silver dimes are Rosies! You have absolutely no idea how lucky you are to hunt such a historically well endowed area.
 
Look like yr hunting older home sites, Found my 1st STLQ in the past year 1925 also if I recall Right.

IMO the Kennedy Half is harder to Dig. Never dug one here.

Here Mercs Outnumber the Rosie's .

Cool collar Disc & Indian Piece As Well.
Can not recall the last time I dug a Silver Washington .Way over a Year I Know.
Davers
 
Congrats on a nice batch of finds. I'm still looking for my first SLQ, I have a seated and a barber but no standing.
 
Most excellent! Standing Liberty quarters with dates are indeed a hard find.

aj
 
Great finds Tom must be nice with those guarenteed silver hunts...lol
 
Awesome job on the digs. A little of everything!
 
Great digs Tom. Congratulations on your SLQ. I Like that Indian too. Glad to see you are back in top form.
 
Nice SLQ and I like seeing the collar discs pop up
 
Hi Tom congrats on that first !

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom