My first Wheatie

KyDigNQueen

May 30, 2016
KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went on a second excursion this afternoon to a church permission about 45 minutes from my house. I only got 4 pennies. Feeling disappointed, I headed home. When I cleaned my pennies I realized one was a 1952 Wheatie. My first! Glad the old church coughed up something for such a long drive. Made it worth it! 2016-07-08 19.31.34.jpg2016-07-08 19.31.06.jpg

Upvote 24
Congrats on your first wheat. :occasion14: As long as I pull a wheat I wasn't skunked. :icon_thumright:

Nice...get used to it. Dig them all.

Congratulations on your first wheat !! Hope you find many more !! Solid 83 on the AT Pro ? I love that sound !!

Great job you have many more firsts to come its a lot of fun even seconds thirds ect I have those cardboard type coin holders I put my finds in write the date where you found it good for remembering good spots all my silver I put in coin holders also and have a display case from Michaels I also have a ring display case it seems to make it more fun. I save all my clad in mason jars quarters dimes nickels pennies its fun to see how many Ive found. I'm weird but its a lot of fun Great job go back theres probably more there!!!!!

Congrats on your first wheatie and many more first to come - you will be getting into gold & silver next anyway thanks again for sharing.

Texas ED

You may want to save your 1st Wheatie in a Coin Folder. I have never sold any silver coins that I have found, but the "FIRSTS" are special. Like A2coins said, pick up some coin folders and save at least your "FIRSTS "
I order my coin folders and plastic folder holder pages from WIzard Coin Supply.
Don't forget,, where you find wheats, you could find silver.
Congrats on your 1st Wheat.

Last edited:
Congratualtions on the wheat cent! :occasion14:

Congrats on your first Wheat penny. I'm with Against the Wind. I put all of my coins in 2x2 cardboard holders, those then go into the plastic sleeve holders that hold about 20 per page, then that goes into a binder. Each binder having its own denomination. Pennies, nickels, dimes, etc. I have never sold anything that I have found. Not even for scrap silver prices.

Pretty good nick really & 1 step closer to silver.

Congrats on the first of many. As long as I find something(anything) wheat or older I am good on my coin hunt for the day.

Congrats on the wheat. Hope you find many more.hh.

Congrats on your first

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back