🔎 UNIDENTIFIED My friend found this a while back and put it on his ticktock but not sure what it actually is? Is it roman? Sorr

Kieran225

Mar 6, 2021
Newcastle-upon-tyne
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish 440
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_20220315_222706.jpg
y about picture he changed phones so no longer has original picture he asked me to ask you guys what yous think

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks art nouveau.

I've had a look hut still can't find the exact one, so confusing lol

Agreed... art nouveau fashion button (or brooch, depending on size and the configuration of the back) and likely late Victorian or Edwardian. Similar to this button, although with the lady facing the other way:

Fashion Button.jpg

You may never find an exact match, since so many types were produced.

Upvote 4
OP
OP
Kieran225

Kieran225

Mar 6, 2021
Newcastle-upon-tyne
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish 440
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed... art nouveau fashion button (or brooch, depending on size and the configuration of the back) and likely late Victorian or Edwardian. Similar to this button, although with the lady facing the other way:

View attachment 2015800

You may never find an exact match, since so many types were produced.
Thanks red coat really helps

Upvote 0

Riverbum

Jul 13, 2011
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....as large as a soda pop can top, obviously to big to be currency(?) Maybe to large to be a button....maybe an ornament that attaches to something else....Shield, Uniform(?)

Upvote 2

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....as large as a soda pop can top, obviously to big to be currency(?) Maybe to large to be a button....maybe an ornament that attaches to something else....Shield, Uniform(?)

Agree... it's unreasonably large for a button or even a brooch. But not unreasonably large for a belt buckle, sash buckle or some other form of personal adornment.

Upvote 1
OP
OP
Kieran225

Kieran225

Mar 6, 2021
Newcastle-upon-tyne
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish 440
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree... it's unreasonably large for a button or even a brooch. But not unreasonably large for a belt buckle, sash buckle or some other form of personal adornment.
Tha ks red coat I've passed your comments on to my friend he will be happy

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread