My gold ring turned silver

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My eyes fooled me today . Was working one of the local beaches today and dug up what I could have sworn was a gold ring . I quickly pulled it out of the scoop and into my gold finds pouch. When i got to the truck (and put on my glasses ,my gold ring was now silver) The ring had a golden hue to it and I guess the combination of my sunburt hand and a few yellow and orange shells in the stainless stell scooped completly fooled me. Today the joke was on me . Sorry Dew I didn't mean to lie to you It was silver. 003.JPG

Upvote 0
herb n surf said:
My eyes fooled me today . Was working one of the local beaches today and dug up what I could have sworn was a gold ring . I quickly pulled it out of the scoop and into my gold finds pouch. When i got to the truck (and put on my glasses ,my gold ring was now silver) The ring had a golden hue to it and I guess the combination of my sunburt hand and a few yellow and orange shells in the stainless stell scooped completly fooled me. Today the joke was on me . Sorry Dew I didn't mean to lie to you It was silver.

HEHEH!! I don't feel so down n out now, being that all I had was silver. :D

Good seeing ya out today, hope to again in the future.

Congrats to you BOTH! :notworthy: :headbang:

Thank you Terry , Hope to meet you when you come down to Fl.

wishful thinking! :wink:

mine did the same to me... the more I handled it the more silvery it became... lucky for me you can't rub off the 14k... it turned out to be white gold!

Chukers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back