What's new

My hand rolls bleedeth silver!

STDevil

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2008
Messages
329
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
You've all seen posts like this, but now it's my turn to tell the story!

Was in a rush to get to the airport to get out of town, and needed some cash. Went to one of the banks that supplies me with boxes of halves, and decided to go to the teller instead of the cash machine. I spy a silver dime in her tray, and she happily gives it to me (for 10 cents of couse). Then I notice two silver halves amongst the 12 or so in her tray and ask if I can buy the halves also. She says "Which ones do you want(!)", but I just say I will take all of them, so as not to be too much of a pain.

Then, she says, "Thanks for taking all of them; now all I have to do it get rid of the other ones in my drawer.". I ask the obvious question, and she says that some guy brought in $50 worth, and he usually does so before he takes a vacation. When she brings them up on the counter, I see that they're wrapped in sky blue paper, which gets me excited since I am thinking that these could be really old rolls. When I get into the car, I see that the "rolls" were actually bank cash tickets, so now I am thinking I got hozed, when one of them falls apart, and I notice a few 40% on my lap. I proceed to open the rest of the rolls, and end up with 28 40%!!

I also found a cool coin store in Chicago; it's called "Archie's Coins & Collectibles", and it is quite the place to go hang out and buy some silver!
 
Upvote 0
Grats my brother on the silver and finding a good/cool store/dealer.

Dunno why a guy would dump $50 in halves before a vacation but hey... if he needs a few extra bucks, so be it. ;)

~Dave
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom