What's new

My heart SKIPPED a few beats on this one.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2012
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
3,083
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
Was going through my last box of dimes from the previous weekend. Second roll in a silver Rosie, but nothing else til half the box. Opened a roll and had a very dark gray coin rim showing just like the Barber that I recently found (prev posted with pics). I'm thinking could this be a repeat? Pulled it out slowly with the obverse now showing. A MERC, but a 1916 MERC, in a very dirty, good condition, I classify as G. I'm thinking, could this be my best chance for a once in a lifetime score of a "D"? My heart skipped a few beats I think. Hoping for a banner prize I slowly turned it over, only to see NO D, just a blank P. I was sooooooo close, but no trophy today. Final count for the box was 1-merc and 2-Rosies. Enjoy the pics, maybe some other time. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1525550135.499846.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1525550162.523095.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1525550199.824778.webp
 
Upvote 0
Dozer - nice save. A 100+ year old dime is hard to come by. I know the feeling on the 1916. I found a VF+ 1916 in a MWR on Hilton Head Island in SC. When I flipped it over it was mintmarked and I thought for a split seconds I found it! Still, a nice 1916-S I was pleased with.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom