romeo-1
Gold Member
- Joined
- Jul 29, 2005
- Messages
- 9,863
- Reaction score
- 7,127
- Golden Thread
- 3
- Location
- Romeotopia
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 3
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
My Holy Grail "1382" Half Penny
I just got my Explorer SE yesterday and after reading the instructions last night I took it out today for it's virgin hunt. Imagine my surprise when I pulled out of the ground the rarest coin I have found yet.
Though it is in rough shape, as all of the coppers are, I can positively identify is as an 1832 Imitation King George IV Thistle Half Penny with the 1382 error date! It was found in my own field at 9 inches
where I have found 8 other colonial tokens. I wish I could get a better picture of the date and the detail but my photographic abilities are not quite up to snuff.
I just got my Explorer SE yesterday and after reading the instructions last night I took it out today for it's virgin hunt. Imagine my surprise when I pulled out of the ground the rarest coin I have found yet.
Though it is in rough shape, as all of the coppers are, I can positively identify is as an 1832 Imitation King George IV Thistle Half Penny with the 1382 error date! It was found in my own field at 9 inches
where I have found 8 other colonial tokens. I wish I could get a better picture of the date and the detail but my photographic abilities are not quite up to snuff.Attachments
Upvote
0
keep it up!







