My insulator display........

Dharmacy

Nov 1, 2006
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Varies with location and conditions.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a pic of some of the insulators and lightning arrestors I have displayed in an old cabinet I restored:
displayzl0.jpg

D.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Very nice collection and I really love the pics on your walls....I have a 3X4 Western Union sign also........Where do you live and what time did you say you would be gone ? :D ;)

insulator245

Jan 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre!
Nice display! Ive been looking to add some of those Old Bell telephone and Western Union signs, but I just cant seem to ever find any for sale! Heres my favorite 3 insulators ;D

Attachments

• Cobalt with milk.jpg
    Cobalt with milk.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 833
  • 100_3056.jpg
    100_3056.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 811
  • 157407158.jpg
    157407158.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 784

lostdutchman

Sep 22, 2006
Love old insulators...Found a pile of 'em north of Anadarko, OK....wonder if they are still there...great finds

larrybass

Jan 12, 2006
Ottawa, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Amigo
What a beautiful Old Insulator collection and such a handsome cabinet to display them in to boot, there Dharmacy. :) You've created such a cool cosey corner for us all to see your chunk of "adventure", as each one of those lovely old glass globes comes with the memory of where, when and how you found it, buddyman. Marvelous stuff, that memory thingy. 8)

I've been known to pluck a few of those old crown jewels of the wire, from their hiding spots, in deserted areas. in my time too friend. So, I know the feeling well of holding a heavy hunk of bumpy old time-colored glass in your hand, that has probably been around a little longer than you have, that could be worth much, some day in the not too distant future... 8) Pickin' yer own treasures, live, from the wilds, (and that applies to almost anything) for me at least, IS and always was, quite a lift for this ol' kanuk trapper. Lots of times, it's been the picking and not really what's been picked, that turns out to be the real treasure in life. ;)

Thanx so much for sharing a piece of your private life with us too, it's great when other members get the "sharing" feeling and start letting their friends here get goose bumps and stuff! :) :)

Yo, WDFK, Is that a world record buddy? ??? Like, 900+ Insulators is an awesome amount of kool old glass, my friend. 8) I think that was one of the reasons my first wife split... ;D Make sure that you keep your numbers down to 906 or 907 or so, don't need to put any more insulator pressure on yer fine tolerant wee lady there. ;D ;D

Insulator245, Superb color saturation of two beautifully framed prize pieces, here friend. :) I'm especially crazy for the incredible, blue Hemi. I love the little imperfections on 'insulators too, like the kool offset "G" in Hemingray, for instance, on that blue boy there! 8) Do they both have all their drip points still? Sometimes, due to an air bubble they will be missing one of these neat little points or have only a part of one left, where the bubble had burst. Each insulator,kind of like, snowflakes and little flakes and grains of gold, is unique unto iyself and that's another one of the reasons that I've had such a love affair with these high-wire jewels for so long now. 8) Esp. now the wife's gone, a guy's gotta have Something beautiful to love, eh? ;D ;D

Thanx muchly for post here, we love it! ;) 8)

Lb

Guess you must live alone then? ;D

Lb

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I was an electrician for quite a few years, and when I think of all of them I threw away! *smacking head on desk* :-\

I still have a few of them, and my dad does too.
Nice collection!

T

TreasureTales

Absolutely awesome collection. I used to work for a utility company and many of the linemen had great collections. My foreman had some that were deep red, from a trip he made to New Zealand. The guy would always carry a couple common ones in his daypack and when he saw one he wanted, he'd switch it out. He must have had his climbing gear with him, too, because you can't just reach up and grab 'em. LOL Anyhow, excellent collection and great cabinet for housing them. WTG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread