Yukie Adams (repro) Art Found in a Central WA Goodwill

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a framed and signed pieces(s,) albeit reproductions, by Artist Yukie Adams for $6.00 (after the Round-Up.)

This is a picture I snapped on the go, as I didn't want to draw attention to the fact that it sparked my interest. I apologize for the reflection and poor angle, but there were quite a few other shoppers browsing around. Doing a little research, I found that each picture sells for about $30. individually - retail while this one is two matted and framed, and signed by the artist.

I was conducting annual training in our Moses Lake WA Goodwill, and during my lunch I went to browse the store, mainly for books. I was drawn to the other side of the building, and decided to search the mini bins, similar to our Spokane area outlet. This was sitting inside a bin, on it's edge. I liked the colors, composition, and the subjects. And, I really like the PNW native art style, but figured if my beautiful wife didn't like it, I might be able to turn it for a tidy little profit. Turns out, she found it appealing similarly, and we decided to keep it! Win-win!

Yukie Adams' story is a fairly interesting piece of provenance too!

20240522_123219.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back