my Los Cabos Mexico finds ... big honkin silver ring!

Rumblebelly

Jan 20, 2007
Detector(s) used
(RS)Discovery 2000, white's bullseye, NEW DFX!!!
my Los Cabos Mexico finds ... big honkin' silver ring!

Hello all,

My wife had earned a trip for both of us to Los Cabos from her company Partylite! It was a great trip. No problems through security with the detector. In Mexico we were the lucky ones for them to hand check the bag with detector in it. I explained what it was and they smiled and no problems. I detected only 2 times on the trip. I cleaned the beach of many rusty nails, bottle caps, beer cans, and a few pull tabs. The good items were (2) 10 pesos pieces, a US dime, and a large silver ring with a turquoise stone. I really thought the ring was another beer can. I was really surprised but did not want to shout or do the happy dance because many silver merchants (locals with brief cases) were on the beach selling their wares. The inside of the ring shows .926 and some other writing. My jeweler said it was definitely silver. Also after our beach banquet, I also found 8 knives, 2 forks, a spoon, and 4 large ladels. I gave those back to the hotel staff (sorry did not get pictures)... they were only plated steel, not even stainless. There were many butter packages in the sand as well. Several people from our trip came up to me describing what they lost on the beach, but I did not find them.

The surf was rough and their were strong rip currents through out the beach front. Several unwise members dared to enter the waters despite the red flags on the beach, 2 were carried out to sea. One needed to be rescued, the other managed to escape on their own. 2 others were on the rocks (which the sign said do not climb rocks and risk your life). Were knocked down by a wave and needed medical attention. They came back later frantically searching the rocks for something. My friends said it had to be jewelry and should search there. I went near the rocks but not on them, the crevices were deep and the waves were brutal. I ain't smart, but I ain't totally stupid either.

the first picture is the first days finds. I could not get the second days finds picture because the memory card was too full. The second and third picture is the good items. I also find a penny on the ground in town & also got a 1916D penny from a card game on the other night!
The 4th picture is of the man-of war jellyfish that were being wash up on the shore(the greenish-blue thing). The next picture is a sad one. A porcupine puffer was washed ashore about 5 minutes before we could rescue him. He's very cute and I have one at home, they're very personable, kinda like dogs.

I also bought a wonderful ring for my wife with the recycling scrap money I turned in the week before. The other pictures are the views of the beach and hotel.

Please enjoy and happy hunting
Rumblebelly

Attachments

• P1011592.JPG
    P1011592.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 334
  • P1011642.JPG
    P1011642.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 334
  • P1011645.JPG
    P1011645.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 337
  • P1011495.JPG
    P1011495.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 339
  • P1011573.JPG
    P1011573.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 344
  • P1011569.JPG
    P1011569.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 339
  • P1011494.JPG
    P1011494.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 337
  • P1011577.JPG
    P1011577.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 323
  • P1011574.JPG
    P1011574.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 328
Upvote 0

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Re: my Los Cabos Mexico finds ... big honkin' silver ring!

Nice ring and beautiful photos!

Looks like you had a great vacation!

Congratulations!

Ridley

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome rings & pics. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

;) RR

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RB,
I wish I could have been there, that place looks like a great place to hunt and you have the proof to back it up.
Glad you had a good time and found some really nice jewlry.
Good finds!
HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread