My lunch receipt..... McDonald's. Sunday.

Mekong Mike

Jul 22, 2013
Vietnam, Saigon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSC_0209.JPG

In Vietnam all McDonald's employees must be university graduates and speak English.

Why english? Is there that big an American presence or is it the desire to "go global"? ╦╦C

English is the language of business throughout the world. Viets working for foreign companies must speak English.

Creating more of a future generation of peacekeepers one Happy Meal at a time. Keep up the good work McDonald's :thumbsup:

I can still smell IT 016.JPG

Why english? Is there that big an American presence or is it the desire to "go global"? ╦╦C

Excuse me?

Did you say why English?

English is the international language of business,......

English is the international language of aviation,........

English is the international language of wall street,........

Did you really think when a French pilot ask for landing instructions in the US,
people run around trying to find an interpreter?

Or a German pilot?, or a Japanese pilot?, or a __________ pilot.
(fill in the blank)

English is the international language of the skies.

Would you rather each country's pilot use their own language?

I wouldn't, my Macedonian is really rusty.

LOL

How much was Lunch USD?

Excuse me?

Did you say why English?

English is the international language of business,......

English is the international language of aviation,........

English is the international language of wall street,........

Did you really think when a French pilot ask for landing instructions in the US,
people run around trying to find an interpreter?

Or a German pilot?, or a Japanese pilot?, or a __________ pilot.
(fill in the blank)

English is the international language of the skies.

Would you rather each country's pilot use their own language?

I wouldn't, my Macedonian is really rusty.

LOL

Yes, well, we're not landing aircraft here, we're selling Big Macs, in Vietnam. I thought it was a reasonable question. Hell, the employees at my local McDonalds don't even speak English.

Easier to get into Harvard than McUni. Their football team sucks. 15-45 record against Sonic U.

Yes, well, we're not landing aircraft here, we're selling Big Macs, in Vietnam. I thought it was a reasonable question. Hell, the employees at my local McDonalds don't even speak English.
Boom thqats hillarious but true true true

The Vietnamese woman I go to cut my hair yesterday and I was showing and telling her about your posts and that I thought Vietnam looked like a pretty neat place to maybe retire. She said, he crazy, he don't show you this. I'm thinking she really likes this high and dry simi desert climate we have here on the Rocky Mountain Front Range.

Yeah it floods in areas near rivers and drainage canals. My area is higher ground and never floods. Last time I was driving on a flooded street was three years ago near Vo Van Kiet. It's makes a great video but it rarely last more than two hours and then subsides. It's fun to drive in unless your a female and worried about shoes and clothes.
As for retirement in Vietnam..... Don't bring your Caucasian wife. White women don't adjust well in Asia and there are many reasons, number one are the viet females who are quite desirable and available.
A white male with a zest for adventure ( including driving on flooded roads ) will have a great time.
So... be single, adventurous. If you are the type that gets homesick or misses family then forget it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back