My M-6 is kicking butt!!!

Rowdy

Jun 11, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6
Sunday under a clothes line, several clad quarters, a pocket knife, and the usual pull tabs and junk.

Yesterday after work, a silver Roy Rodgers ring, :)what appears to be a gold ring with a birth stone, :)and a whole bunch of aluminum slaw! :-[

That's the good news, the bad news, is I'm not the one finding all those goodies!!! ::)

A fellow at work is interested in detectors, and is thinking about buying one. I'm tied up with other stuff, so I loaned him my machine for a week or so, to get a feel for it, as well as the hobby. ;)

I guess he's got the feel, because the S.O.B. is finding better stuff than I have around here! ;D

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Alright man, congrats on the finds and good going on the generousity. Good luck to both of you, and try not to kick each other's butts over who makes the better finds bro! :)

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Hey Rowdy,
Time to get the M6 back and then ask him to let you in on where he is finding his stuff. At least he should give you an idea as you let him borrow your machine. One good deed deserves another. I have an M6 as well and love the machine. Finding mostly clad but only one real good jewlery find to date, a mens 14k gold chain. Dig it up buddy.
HH Roy

rommelvon

Jul 21, 2007
I love my M6, truly a great machine...only jewelry I have found is a 14k ear ring...but more awaits.....HH

OP
OP
Rowdy

Rowdy

Jun 11, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6
He's been detecting at his house, as well as his mother in laws. Incidentally, both rings I.D.'d as pull tabs! ;)

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
I've got an M6 too. Of the 42 rings I've found 5 are gold, either 10 or 14K and 1 is silver. Plus a silver toe ring and numerous silver and gold trinkets (2 necklaces), St Christopher medal, Silver locket, several silver earrings so I'd say the M6 works quite well. I normally hunt tot lots in parks and schools.

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
The last time I looked, the silver Roy Rogers ring was worth somewhere in the $200 range.

Sounds like the M6 may have a short learning curve.

Good luck when you get it back!

OP
OP
Rowdy

Rowdy

Jun 11, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6
MEinWV said:
The last time I looked, the silver Roy Rogers ring was worth somewhere in the $200 range.

Sounds like the M6 may have a short learning curve.

Good luck when you get it back!

$200?!?!? Damn, he'll be happy yo hear that!

As for the learning curve? This guy had never picked up a detector before I loaned him mine! I gave him the M-6 DVD from Whites, and this DVD to watch http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/videoindex.htm then loaned him the detector.

I suggested 7 tone I.D., with no discrimination, and as far as I know that's how he's been hunting. Yesterday he showed me a small handfull of quarters and other coins he found in a small area. It was all clad, except for a 1944 wheat in nice shape.

I think he's been seriously bitten by the detecting bug! I'll be getting my machine back next week, and it's supposed to be a bit cooler, so Im looking forward to getting out to hunt!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions