Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nothing wrong with those finds,somethings better than nothing

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
thats a pretty good haul for around here!

F

Floater

Your too humble Brandy. I havent found a rosie yet and would give my left ...... for one. LOL Nice work. Keep it up. ( The Huntin too.)

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!! I would be elated, and not describe those finds as measly!

It's easy for all of us to get unrealistic expectations from questionable wildly successful reports. I remember in the 80's when the treasure magazines were loaded with total frauds....hands cupped with silver, gold, and bejewelled rings. My palms would sweat as I turned the glossy pages. Eventually, I was told the federal govt. investigated and made the magazines tone down their lies. I'm sure there are real pros who do well with treasure hunting...they are few and far between, and have a lifestyle that frees them to invest a lot of time and energy in their quests.

IMHO The fun in metal detecting is the search. My father has repeatedly stated "We'll be lucky if we can pay for batteries with our finds". This pessimistic conclusion has proven to be pretty accurate over several years.

Money aside, the metal detecting fun I have had with my family continues to be PRICELESS!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread