Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
;D Not much but it's a new secret ::) Pulled a couple .69 roundball's,.44 pistol,some pack stud's,and a penny that is pretty much shot,can's tell if it's a FE,IH or a wheaty :icon_scratch:,Maybe after a peroxide bath.I also pulled out a piece of brass that has the letter's L D S over O D,I have no idea,also a piece of parrott shell and some old link's,maybe to a trace chain.Going to try and get down there around midweek and try my luck again.Getting to be a little easier to dig now.Good luck to you all :thumbsup:

Attachments

• burnside II 026.JPG
    burnside II 026.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 1,553
  • burnside II 040.JPG
    burnside II 040.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,555
  • burnside II 045.JPG
    burnside II 045.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,553
  • burnside II 054.JPG
    burnside II 054.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,551
  • burnside II 056.JPG
    burnside II 056.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 1,532
Upvote 0
Nice finds at the "New secret place" hope that turns out being a IH for ya!

Joe,
Congrats on the lead buddy. :icon_thumleft:
-Doug-

Nice finds Joe. I know you were excited to get out and hunt a little. I hope the thaw continues for you. Did that ball have a sprue on it? HH, Quindy.

I bet it is a flying eagle :icon_thumleft:

VOL1266-X said:
Nice finds Joe. I know you were excited to get out and hunt a little. I hope the thaw continues for you. Did that ball have a sprue on it? HH, Quindy.
Sure did Quindy....

Attachments

• sprue 003.JPG
    sprue 003.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 1,478
Nice finds, those spots are becoming harder and harder to find..............

It's not a secret anymore, I downloaded your pics and read the file-data, which gave me your gps location, which I then over-layed on google earth and found your secret field. I have also sent 10 of my best agents to clean it out while you're sleeping. Have a nice day. J/K.

civilman1 said:
VOL1266-X said:
Sure did Quindy....

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is a sprue? ???
HH! Yard Digger

Nice finds. Looks like your secret place may turn out to have some really good relics. The LDS may mean " let's detect soon". ;D good luck and I hope the weather fairs up for you.
Dman

Good stuff!

That large rivet looks like it is one of the pieces of a sword belt rig. :thumbsup:

-Buckles

Did ya find out what the coin is? 8)

Spooky said:
Yard Digger said:
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is a sprue? ???
HH! Yard Digger

Hello YD, and welcome!! :hello:

Sprue is the lead left on a mold cast ball or bullet. (It is supposed to be cut off after the lead cools)

Thanks Spooky. I'd just noticed your reply. I didn't have
"notify me" turned on. But now I do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back