Fishing4coins

Greenie
Jan 3, 2016
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Etrac and at pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this coin last night in a farm field where I have hunted many times. My heart is still racing I just washed it up and could not believe my eyes. I didn't get back home last night till 11:30 and went straight to bed and didn't wash my coins off till I got home from work today. I'm still shaking. Date 1691 I think it is French. I don't post much because most of the time I find the same kinds of coins over and over. If you have any information on this coin I would appreciate it. Thank you. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499476568.826380.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499476589.374528.jpg

Upvote 33
It won't let me blow up your pictures so they are pretty tiny. If it's a 1691 silver coin I guess you're doing very well then. Congrats. BTW, You don't have to get BANNER finds to post. Show us what you got homie.:headbang:

What a coin 1600s club is one that eludes me,and most others I would think.

Congratulations on an excellent find. Do you live in the vicinity of one of the French forts captured by Captain Rogers and his rangers during the French and Indian wars? If so you might be posting more of these in the future.

That's an absolutely remarkable find. It surely doesn't get any better than that! Congratulations F4C!

Sweet, your find gives me hope that I might find one in my area of Ohio (Lorain County). Where are you from?

Wow! Getting any coin that old, let alone a silver is very very hard to do even in New England, let alone Ohio! Congrats on such an amazing find, 1600's silver is a dream of mine.

I found it outside of cardington Ohio in a field that had a Indian trading post there In the early 1800's

Congrats on an outstanding coin. Every now and then someone from the Midwest will find an old one. Here in Illinois, finding a coin from the early 1800's is an accomplishment. Enjoy it.

Great find. I watched a buddy dig a similar one 24 years ago dated 1677. Always wanted to dig one but they must be tough around these parts. Congrats.

Nice find! Perhaps trade was established there before previously thought by historians. If only that coin could talk.

Congrats

Absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on that superb find:occasion14:

totally Holy Cow! moment, congrats on such an awesome find!:headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back