Kantuckkeean
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Apr 30, 2009
- Messages
- 1,620
- Reaction score
- 1,886
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Cornfield, IN
- Detector(s) used
- F-22, cheapo pinpointer
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,
I went to work in West Virginia for a couple of weeks, and tried some hunting while there. I only had one day off. I'd hit all but one bank in the town, so I bought a box of cents at the last bank, and afterwards, asked for halves. Another teller overheard and asked if I collected. I said yes, and she replied that she had something I'd probably want. I said I'll take it before I'd even seen what she had. She said that I could look through it and take what I wanted, but I replied that I'd take it all and spend what I didn't want just so that she didn't have to deal with it anymore. Turned out to be 18 40%ers and a couple of Ikes and many SBA dollars. She had others that she wouldn't sell, so we looked through the ones that she said that she was keeping for herself. I showed which were silver, and we talked about history and stuff. It was nice. After hitting 5 banks, I ended up with a total of 25 40%ers to add to the pile, and went through the box of cents. Only 5 wheats, but I found my oldest CRH find yet!! Ain't she BEAUTIFUL!!! Can't wait to put it in a flip!!
It's a 1917.
But then when I got home, my wife and I started a couple of accounts with a new bank and picked up a box of nickels and I found these:
It's a 1917 as well.
It's a nice looking 1939D.
I've been hitting the nickels pretty hard lately since halves haven't been paying off. Been getting some war nickels and such. I did order my first four boxes of halves though. They're Brinks and should be in next Friday. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for reading
Kindest regards,
Kantuck
I went to work in West Virginia for a couple of weeks, and tried some hunting while there. I only had one day off. I'd hit all but one bank in the town, so I bought a box of cents at the last bank, and afterwards, asked for halves. Another teller overheard and asked if I collected. I said yes, and she replied that she had something I'd probably want. I said I'll take it before I'd even seen what she had. She said that I could look through it and take what I wanted, but I replied that I'd take it all and spend what I didn't want just so that she didn't have to deal with it anymore. Turned out to be 18 40%ers and a couple of Ikes and many SBA dollars. She had others that she wouldn't sell, so we looked through the ones that she said that she was keeping for herself. I showed which were silver, and we talked about history and stuff. It was nice. After hitting 5 banks, I ended up with a total of 25 40%ers to add to the pile, and went through the box of cents. Only 5 wheats, but I found my oldest CRH find yet!! Ain't she BEAUTIFUL!!! Can't wait to put it in a flip!!
It's a 1917.But then when I got home, my wife and I started a couple of accounts with a new bank and picked up a box of nickels and I found these:
It's a 1917 as well.
It's a nice looking 1939D. I've been hitting the nickels pretty hard lately since halves haven't been paying off. Been getting some war nickels and such. I did order my first four boxes of halves though. They're Brinks and should be in next Friday. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for reading
Kindest regards,
Kantuck
Upvote
0







