My own front yard....... a little embarrassing!

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
I was talking to Civilman about this weekends hunt and somewhere in
the conversation He mentioned that There HAS to be some silver in my
yard. The house was built in the '40's and I have only pulled a Ben Franklin
half dollar and a silver Rosie out of her. Joe said that I needed to slow down
and work the yard slower. I have only hit the front yard one time back when
I first started detecting. So, with Joe's advice and fifteen minutes of daylight,
I went to check it out. Just as it was getting too dark to hunt I hit a signal
that was strong and shallow, I knew it was a soda can, but figured I would
get rid of it. The signal came out in the plug and as I broke it apart, I got a
surprise...... 11 coins!!!

1952 silver quarter
1954 silver quarter
1942 canadian penny
1953d wheatie
1951d wheatie
1946 wheatie
1945 wheatie
1945 wheatie
1935 wheatie
1954 wheatie

THANKS, Joe!!!

IMG_5862.jpg

Upvote 0
Re: My front yard....... a little embarrassing!

Good going! It's good to search close to home once in a while!

Dont feel bad I found a 1918 in my front yard and I dont know how many times Ive might of missed it DAAAA. WTG nice find

Very,Very Nice Weedwacker......Now let's find some CW crap tommorrow :thumbsup: 2009' GPAA :tard: See you in the morning!!!! :thumbsup:

Wow, what a welcome treat in your own yard. I've detected my 1920 home a couple times, but now I feel like I should hit it again. :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot >:( Now I am going to have to dig all of those can signals now and probably never will hit a spill like that. Good job by the way!

Classic!!! ;D :thumbsup:
Way to go Ty. You didn't even need to waste gas on that outing. :tongue3:
Congrats on the pocket spill. That Joe is a great guy. :icon_king:
-Doug-

Sounds like you found some kid's "hoard" that he forgot to dig up
Oh well, his loss is your gain!

Too funny, right under your nose the whole time. I think you might have inspired me to get out tomorrow to do a little detecting as well. All this rain today should make that ground hot tomorrow.

Nice Haul! I know where there's some wheaties in my yard and how they got there. A little tip for those that have bird baths, if you put 2 or 3 copper pennies in the bottom of your birdbath, it will keep the green slime from forming. The wheaties were the only pennies that I had on hand at the time, that I knew were definitely copper, they were forgotten about when my wife put fresh water in the birdbath, so now, our lawn around the bath is ringed with wheaties :tongue3:......NGE

Goot Dig them Big signals.

Never hurts top Rehunt your own yard at least once a Year.

Expierence Can Make a Big difference.

:thumbsup:

Wow, some kid buried his loot there I guess. What a sweet reward for offering to remove some trash. I usually dig up the can signals hoping that I would find something underneath them. Yesterday I dug up a small jar screw top and found a 1960 memorial underneath... almost rewarded (yep nothing else there, I rechecked the hole). Sometimes your reward is just that you thought it would be a can and it's like 2 matchbox cars or something else nice and large.

Finding a days worth in one kneel down sure does save on the lower back pain. I once found 17 dimes in one hole at the bottom of a sledding hill. Jackpot of the day. WTG Ty.

TimC

wtg! i've been hoping to find coins like that in my yard. so far i've found 3 memorial pennies and ive been hitting the yard quite a bit trying to get rid of all the junk... maybe coins are deeper than my machine can get to... or i'm not in the right spot yet... :tard: :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back