just what they are, PIECES, except for a few...... about 2 years worth of collecting. found 2 new ones yesterday. a grey Folsom tip to the right and the tan Plainview? base towards the bottom
Every "piece" you find, Chong, brings you that much closer to a whole.
You're doing fantastic finding that many Paleo pieces .
In the 30+ years my grandpa hunted for artifacts here in Oklahoma, he only found 1 Paleo base and he let someone take it to "study" and never saw it again.
That frame (and the complete Folsom on the banner) are the only reason I would ever think about living in El Paso or West Texas. I'd bet the hunting on the other side of the river was amazing years ago, as well as back when you could hunt up at Hueco Tanks.
Thanks guys!
N Josh, ya i understand you, nothing good here besides the flint! I made a trip to the tanks a few years ago, and yes have seen some amazing pieces come from there. Its a shame the process you have to go through now just to view the tanks
Found my first artifact ever there (Hueco Tanks). Piece of painted pottery. Of course I left it there. Had a lot of fun climbing over the rocks and walking the brush around it.