MY PENNY JAR BROKE !!

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
That stinks. That looked like a nice old bottle. I'm sorry that it broke. I don't know what I would feel worse about. The pennies all over the floor or that a nice old bottle was broke. Anyways, if you get a 5 gallon water bottle, don't fill it up all the way. They are impossible to move when filled. The small pretzel jar is a good idea too. The pretzel jar is a "twofer", you get to eat the pretzels and you get a bank - two great things for the price of one. Hope it helps.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife just brought home a plastic jar she purchased in the store that has a screw top with a slot in it. I know that your think - it is a bank you idiot. Yes, it is a bank but it has a digital counter on top that keeps track of how much money is in it. So you always know the face value of the coins inside. I tried a penny, nickel, dime, quarter and dollar coin and it registered them all correctly. I thought it was pretty cool.

Good luck in finding a replacement bottle.

NJ

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
if your going glass --one gallon pickle jars are nice and can be moved when full---you can use the 5 gallon plastic water jugs but don't fill them full cuz their much too darn heavy to move then.---good luck --- Ivan

S

stefen

I use an antique 5 gallon water bottle and its now 1/2 full of rolled coins only...loose coins are in a canning bottle and are rolled whenever I have nothing better to do.

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
I like to use one gallon plastic milk jugs, and separate by denomination, then roll as they get fairly full...
baggins

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread