What's new

My personal quarter stash

relichunters

Bronze Member
Joined
May 4, 2008
Messages
1,647
Reaction score
36
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Over months every time I got a quarter in change, I would place it in a jar. Here is all my quarters I've collected comes to a total of $87.25 and the oldest is tied with 4 of them at 1965
 

Attachments

  • quarters.webp
    quarters.webp
    57.5 KB · Views: 396
  • quarters2.webp
    quarters2.webp
    44.3 KB · Views: 394
Good going Relic, keep 'em coming!
 
You would be surprised at how fast quarters add up. I do the same thing and bought a used truck years ago with $1,100 in quarters that I had accumulated.
 
Dang that would be alot of quarters.
 
Got me to thinking. I went and counted my quarter stash and I have $31.25. Heck, I don't even remember putting in half of them. Must be because we really do get a lot of quarters in change since the .50 piece is all but forgotten.
 
My first year MDing I threw all the clad I found into a jar and when I cashed it in it came to over $300.00! I was really surprised. Monty
 
I used to do that with all my change at the end of the day. I put it in a jug by my bedroom window. One year I had over $400.00 in change. I did this for a couple of years. Then my daughter found my jug and she would take out change every now and then so I quit putting it in my jug. So my daughter get most of it now. She is only 5 so I guess my money is going to a good cause......Matt
 
Dang that would be alot of quarters.

Yeah and I made my wife count and roll most of it.
 
mlayers said:
I used to do that with all my change at the end of the day. I put it in a jug by my bedroom window. One year I had over $400.00 in change. I did this for a couple of years. Then my daughter found my jug and she would take out change every now and then so I quit putting it in my jug. So my daughter get most of it now. She is only 5 so I guess my money is going to a good cause......Matt
You should set some aside for her and bury the rest........in Michigan! ;D :thumbsup: :D
 
I put all my pocket change in an old coin bag from a defunct bank.
When it gets too heavy I take it to the free coin counter at the bank and then into savings account.
I have to watch it though as I accidently had a couple .22 shells in there. Might have caused some excitement at the bank...
Every 6 months they pull out enough for life insurance and the rest just adds up.
Found coins go into another bag. Guess I will just keep those.
Grey
 
Try this. I saved all my quarters and filled a 1lb. coffee can. Guess how much a coffee can of quarters is? Im now working on filling a can with gold dollars......
 
I would love to fill a coffee can with 1 oz. Suisse Credits.
For some reason nobody loses them anymore.

Grey
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom