Cool Hand Fluke
Bronze Member
Today I arrived at the palm tree median around 8:30 in the morning. I decided to drive from one end to the other end to get an accurate mileage reading on how long this median really is. My car odometer gave it a length of 1 3/4 miles, not quite 2 miles, but close. Today I started my second pass through the median and noticed fewer good targets. My first pass had deleted most of the good coin signals, but I still managed 59 coins in 7 hours work, My coin count has dropped by 1/2 compared to the first pass through for a 6 to 7 hour day hunt.
6 hours into today's hunt produced my only silver coin for the day, a 1943-S merc about 5 inches deep. I had a disappointment 2 hours before seeing a nickle plated key in the bottom of a hole that looked just like a silver dime
...it really fooled me, I actually took a picture of the key in the hole when I thought I had a silver
.
The solitary merc saved my day!
I added 11 more wheat cents from the median and some more battery money!
6 hours into today's hunt produced my only silver coin for the day, a 1943-S merc about 5 inches deep. I had a disappointment 2 hours before seeing a nickle plated key in the bottom of a hole that looked just like a silver dime
...it really fooled me, I actually took a picture of the key in the hole when I thought I had a silver
. The solitary merc saved my day!
Attachments
-
1943 Merc 001.webp97.1 KB · Views: 116 -
1943 Merc 005.webp25.9 KB · Views: 108 -
1943 Merc 002.webp45.5 KB · Views: 109 -
1943 Merc 003.webp83 KB · Views: 106 -
1943 Merc 004.webp35.7 KB · Views: 116 -
1943 Merc 006.webp18.1 KB · Views: 106 -
1943 Merc 007.webp21.7 KB · Views: 105 -
1943 Merc 008.webp25.4 KB · Views: 108 -
1943 Merc 009.webp22.1 KB · Views: 107
Upvote
24
Congrats on exploiting that LOOOOONNNNGGGG meridian and eking out that Merc. 







